𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄.

𝐀 blinding light shone at the corner of your eye, instantly leading you to cover them with your hands. It was from the large crack in the ceiling of the ruined castle. The atmosphere was blazing intensely, lips cracking and your skin felt as if you've just entered hell itself. The previously bright light darkened, leaving a dark swirl of mist carrying a bronze torso, with golden liquid pouring out of it. The figure's arms were cut into pieces, tied by floating ribbons, yet still revealing the magical fluid. There was a crack in the exposed torso, where a heart should have been, but instead the void was filled with the same glitter. Only one being could have matched this description so perfectly, Nanook.

Your fairy-tale books were full of ancient stories about aeons, but they seemed too extraordinary to have been real. 

But wait, there was more. More uncertainty of the future revealed itself within the blink of an eye. An angry, white hooded creature emerged from the shadows, tears dripping solemnly from its many eyes.

Many eyes?

It was the glorious Yaoshi herself. Her six arms drooping in sorrow, branches holding themselves high and their majestic tail keeping herself stable. You couldn't help but stare in awe, forgetting the current situation at hand until Nanook raised his fist, leading to another quake below your feet.

Argenti, Tayzzyronth and you run off to hide under some rubble and debris, praying for the best.

However, the best would never arrive.

🥀: Happy new years! May 2024 bring you all joy and peace <3 Thank you for this year, and all the support you've given this book! I appreciate you, Idrila <3

╭────────────────────────────────╯. . . ╮

╰─────────────────╮🥀╰───────────────╯31

31.12.23