Tangled threads pt1

This is a continuation to the episode where Murtasim rescued Mariam from Malik Zubair and he got her back home. My take on what should have happened in the following episodes instead of wasting those 15 episodes on separation and senseless plot, giving us lifelong trauma. These shot is divided into four parts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Har toh meri apne hi ghar mein huwi hai," Murtasim's words reverberated through the room, each syllable carrying the weight of a heart breaking. Meerab had never truly understood the gravity of those words until now. The palpable hurt in Murtasim's voice sent shivers down her spine as she could hear her heart shattering into millions of pieces.

She couldn't escape the guilt that consumed her. If only she hadn't been so stubborn, impatient, and blindly trusting, none of this would have unfolded. She had betrayed Murtasim's trust, shattered his soul, despite his plea for her to handle it with care. Meerab felt the air suffocating her, unable to bear the weight of her own remorse. All she had wanted was to help Mariam, and now everything had spiraled out of control.

"Toh isse chalta karo na. Chutkara hasil karo isse!" Maa Begum's eyes bore into Meerab, radiating a hatred she had never seen before. As Maa Begum stormed out of the room, Meerab's gaze shifted to the man who claimed to be her father. A tiny droplet of hope lingered, hoping that her biological father might understand her predicament, but that hope quickly dissipated. It was obvious, the man who had abandoned her as an innocent baby couldn't be her savior now.

With Anwar also walking away, Meerab's desperate eyes settled on the only person left in the room. If no one believed her, if no one cared to hear her side of the story, Murtasim would surely be no different. Tears welled up in her eyes as she struggled to find her voice, but her mind went blank.

"Chalo Meerab," Murtasim's voice broke her trance, and panic set in. Was he going to kick her out, just as Maa Begum had instructed? Would she be homeless once again? However, this time, she could only blame herself. Murtasim turned around, his red eyes revealing a mix of sorrow. His once-confident demeanor now shattered, shoulders slouched, and eyes filled with hurt and betrayal—all because of her.

She couldn't bring herself to say anything as guilt consumed her. Murtasim's broken state rendered her speechless. The confident aura that once surrounded him was replaced by vulnerability. "Meerab, mujhe humari mohabbat ki kasam, sab ko faramosh kardun ga, sirf tumhari baat par yakeen karun ga," his earlier words echoed in her mind. Despite the obvious, he was willing to forgive and forget everything only if she had disagreed but she just couldn't lie. She had in fact, shattered his trust, his pride and she couldn't escape the consequences now.

Murtasim stood before her, but she couldn't meet his gaze. How could she face him after what she had done? The weight of her betrayal had rendered her mute. She stood frozen until Murtasim grasped her wrist, tugging her with himself. Her mind screamed at her to speak, to offer an explanation, but she couldn't find the words. As Murtasim led her out, hand in hand, Meerab mentally prepared herself for another impending abandonment.

_______________________________

He couldn't bring himself to do it. While it seemed effortless for his mother to command him to cast her out, to discard her from his life, the very idea of doing so to the one person who held his heart felt impossible. The thought of living without her was unfathomable, yet the weight of betrayal bore down heavily on his shoulders.

He grappled with disbelief at Meerab's actions. Was it truly so easy for her to walk all over him, to inflict such profound hurt? Despite her evident dislike, perhaps even hatred, he had dared to believe that a positive shift was occurring between them, that she was beginning to reciprocate his feelings. Yet, it was nothing more than a delusion. How could she ever love him when she was coerced into this situation? In her eyes, he represented just another layer of trauma. Just another burden that she had to carry on her shoulders. Regardless of his efforts, he could never find a place in her heart. And perhaps, he thought, he did deserved her resentment, after all, he was the one of the main reason for her imprisonment.