love for ages ELIJAH MIKAELSON

CREDITS TO CLOUDYBARNES ON TUMBLR

Pairing: Elijah Mikaelson x reader

Summary: you’ve loved elijah for a thousand years, and you’ll love him for a thousand more

Word Count: 1.3k+

Warnings: none!

You’d known the Mikaelsons for a very long time

You’d known the Mikaelsons for a very long time. For almost your entire life you were one of them. Growing up with the Mikaelsons was something you look back on from time to time. 

Being kids running through the trails, hiding out from the wolves in your village, and dueling with Niklaus and Elijah almost everyday just to put them in their place was your definition of a good life. Your family was nothing like the Mikaelson family. They were always so close knit, and they welcomed you with open arms. 

You loved them dearly, but you loved one of them different from the rest.

Elijah Mikaelson was your love.

You had completely fallen for this Mikaelson brother, and you had fallen quite hard. 

“(Y/N)!” Elijah called out, two swords in hand. You lightly smiled at him as he smirked and tossed you one of the blades. 

“You challenge me to a duel?” You played. “You ought to be careful who you challenge around here Lijah,” you teased, “one day I won’t be so kind as to hold back.”

“Oh is that so?” He chuckled with an amused smile. He playfully wielded his sword and motioned you towards him. “Don’t hold back, m’lady.”

You giggled as you whipped the sword around, swinging it in circles as you’ve been practicing. Elijah watched with a proud smile on his face as you got into a fighting stance. 

“You are not ready for what’s about to come Lijah,” you teased.

Before you could even begin a duel, Niklaus’ cry echoed through the village. 

You and Elijah dropped your swords and ran out to where Niklaus was walking. The rest of the Mikaelson family came in tow from their shack. 

You gasped as you took notice of what Niklaus carried in his hands. Their youngest brother Henrik dead in Niklaus’ arms.

Rebekah sobbed as she saw her smallest brother lifeless.

From that moment on, a lot had changed for the Mikaelson family.

After their mother Ester had turned them into vampires, she couldn’t bare the thought of losing you, the girl she called her other daughter.

After the Mikaelson family had all of their splits, and falling outs, and daggerings, you were still there, but you were there for one Mikaelson sibling more than the rest. 

Elijah was absolutely, positively infatuated with you.

The more time you spent together, as time went on and the hours turned to days, the days to weeks, the weeks, to years, and the years to centuries with you, he couldn’t see you in any other light. You were the one for him.