Chapter 5

Olivia

My mind was in chaos as I was trying to get everything we need together since that arrogant excuse of a man waiting outside can't seem to understand the fact that I want nothing from him.

"Aargh..."

How dare he threaten to take my sons away from me!

I swallowed the sob that rose from my throat.

Two years!

Two freaking years. I never thought I'd see Lucas again. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think he'll come looking for me.

Why had he come looking for me? I asked myself.

I shook my head and snorted.

It doesn't matter now anyways. He's here and he knows about the twins.

I've thought about our relationship over the past two years, especially during the first few months since Lucas and I broke up.

I guess we didn't know each other well enough.

It was a whirlwind romance. Things moved way too fast. From our first meeting to Lucas asking me to go back with him to LA and moving in together. We hadn't taken the time to get to know each other better to build the trust needed in a relationship.

I shook my head. No! That's not right. I wasn't the one who didn't trust our relationship, or him for that matter. In fact, I trusted him more than I've ever trusted anyone in the world.

I fell in love with him instantly and it was an all consuming kind of love. I felt in my heart that nothing could go wrong as long as I was with him. I allowed Lucas to sweep me off of my feet, and trusted him completely.

But then I guess there lies the problem.

Things went too fast between us, and at the first sign of problems, Lucas completely turned his back on me. He didn't trust me enough to listen to my explanations. He jumped to conclusions and threw me out of his home like a pile of trash.

He shattered my heart.

I trusted him, and he abandoned me. He abandoned me to deal with everything. He didn't look back... Until now, and now I have no choice but to let him back into my life. The twins need him and he is their father, and I've been selfish. Only thinking about my pain. I know how it feels like to grow up without a dad, and shame on me for thinking that my twins will be just fine without theirs.

I wipe away the tears that escaped my eyes.

I've been stupid and naive to believe that he loved me.

A part of me knew that he was out of my league. But I was a fool. A fool so deeply in love with him, that I trusted and believed that love will conquer all. So when he asked me to come to LA with him, I didn't think twice. I threw myself in his arms and said yes.

And look where that got me...

Then I turned to look at my twin boys, sleeping so peacefully. They saved me. They are the only good thing that came out of my foolishness. I'd do anything for my boys - even marry the very man who shattered my heart.

Fresh tears rolled down my cheeks.

A sob escaped me and covered my mouth with my hands to silence my sob.

I gave up everything. I left the life I had, the country I loved to be with Lucas. I had been consumed with trying my best at being the perfect girlfriend for Lucas. One that he can be proud of.

But in the end, it wasn't enough.

After everything I had done, he didn't believe in my love for him. He turned on me at the first chance he got.