Chapter 30

Luke

Where is she?

I checked all the other rooms, and she wasn't there.

The staff doesn't know where she was either, only that she has asked Gail to watch over the boys.

I tried her cell, but she wasn't answering.

My chest was pounding, and fear gripped me.

Damn it. Where could she be?

Her car and her driver was gone, but this isn't like her. She wouldn't just leave like that. Besides, she knew I was coming home early. She sounded like she needed to talk to me about something important.

Is she leaving me? Is that what she wanted to talk to me about?

As I paced back and forth, until a folded note caught my eye, with my name sprawled on it.

I walked over to the end table and grabbed the note, and read it.

Luke,

Don't be angry with the staff. They don't know anything... Don't worry about me either, I'm fine. I just needed some time to myself... to think... I needed to go to a place where I was at my happiest...

Livie

I frowned.

.... at my happiest, she said.

I tired to think... then in a heartbeat it came to me.

The lighthouse... She's at the lighthouse.

I quickly grabbed my keys and drove to the lighthouse... The place where I first realized that I was madly in love with Livie. The place where I asked her to come back to LA with me... The place where I offered her the world. Where I promised to be by her side... And promised to protect her... "Yeah, and what a great fucking job you did!" I said to myself.

"Look what you've done," I said. I betrayed her, said and did unforgivable things to her.

"It's only unforgivable, if she doesn't forgive you..." My brother Jason said.

That's the problem. She can't forgive me... I don't blame her. I can't even forgive myself... And I never will.

I arrived at the lighthouse and got out of the car, and found her driver, Peter sanding beside the car.

"Sir," he acknowledged me with a nod.

"She okay?" I asked.

"Yes, sir. She's been up there for a couple hours now. She asked me not to answer your calls. I'm sorry, sir. I was just following orders..."

"It's alright, Peter. I asked you to follow her orders and you did just that. You can head back," I said.

"Yes, sir," he said and got into his car and left.

I went up to the top of the lighthouse, and found Livie sitting behind the rails, her feet dangling down the edge.

"You found me," she said without turning around.

"I did. I got your note," I said. "I thought of the last time you were happy, and thought of this place," I said. This place holds so many happy memories for us. One of the happiest memories we had together, I thought solemnly.

I ruined everything. But I hope she can still forgive me.

I walked over to where she was and I helped her up. That's when I noticed the tears in her eyes and her flushed cheeks.