Chapter 15

Olivia

I woke up a little disoriented. Then I remembered that I was back in Lucas' house.

I look up and found Lucas still sleeping.

I quietly disentangled myself from Lucas, and moved to get out of bed, when Lucas sneaked his arms around me and pulled me back.

I squealed in surprise.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

"Bathroom?" I said but it sounded more like a question.

"Hmm," he said as he nuzzled my neck.

I squeaked. "Lucas!"

He laughed. "Be quick and come back," he said.

"I want to check on the twins," she said.

"They're still sleeping. See," he said and pointed towards the monitor on his bedside table.

"Oh... Then I want to... Wait... don't you have to go to work?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"What? No. Of course not. I just..." I trailed off.

"You're a terrible liar, Olivia," he said with teasing tone. "Are you afraid of me?"

I frowned. "Don't be ridiculous. Why would I be afraid of you?"

He shrugged. "You tell me."

"I'm not afraid of you," I said with a tilt of chin.

"Yeah? So if I do this -" he said as he hovered over me, "- you won't get scared?"

"Wha... What are you doing?" I stammered out.

"You didn't answer my question, Livie."

"O... Of course not!"

"And if I do this?" He asked as he moved his face closer to me, until he was only an inch away from me.

I shook my head.

"Well then, I guess I just have to do this," he said and before I could ask what he meant, he closed the gap between us and captured my lips in a searing kiss.

He pulled back.

"Don't think about the past. It's just us, Livie. Just the two of us," he said.

That's when I realized how stupid and wrong it was to agree not to bring up the past. Not talking about it doesn't make it go away. In fact, it's worse. It's like a dark cloud looming over us.

Who are we kidding?

There was no forgetting the past.

What we are doing is simply denying the past.

I started to move away from him, but he stopped me with one word.

"Stay."

I looked back at him and looked into his eyes and found the same vulnerability, I was feeling.

"Stay with me," he whispered huskily, as he touched my cheek.

His words melted me. I was appalled at how weak I become when it comes to Lucas.

"Eísai tóso ómorfos. You are so beautiful," he said.

I gasped and soaked in his words. "Who taught you how to say that?" I asked.

"I don't reveal my sources, sweetheart," he said.

I ignored the voice inside of me telling me to push him away, and raised my lips to his mouth and kissed him.