Chapter 21

Olivia

"I'm leaving now to meet your sister in-law and her sisters," I said to Lucas.

He nodded. "Have fun and we'll talk later."

"There's no need Lucas. Forget about it."

He opened his mouth to say something, then closed it.

I kissed the boys goodbye and left.

***

"So... what's the story between you and Luke," Zarah's sister Ellie said. "It was a surprise to hear that he was a father of twins. I had no idea he was with anyone. What happened to you two?"

"Ellie!" Zarah gasped.

"What? I'm just trying to get to know Olivia. Men talk you know," she shrugged.

I smiled. Ellie is quite a character. She's married to Marco Castellanos and has one child, a beautiful baby boy named Alejandro.

"We met in Greece and it's a long story. Let's just say that things didn't work out and we parted ways. He found me, and brought me back here so he can get to know the boys," I said.

I look over to Ara who was listening and she gave me a small smile.

"Something tells me there's more to the story, but I won't push," Ellie pouted.

We all laughed.

"Ignore her," Ara said.

Ellie stuck her tongue out at Ara in response.

"The first time I met Marco, I wanted to cause him physical harm, but considering how much bigger and stronger he is than I am, it's impossible."

"Liar," Ara said as she chuckled. "You stomped on his foot the night you met him. Twice, I might add. He was literally limping. You can do real damage with your heels you know."

I laughed. "You stomped on his foot?"

Ellie shrugged. "He pissed me off."

We all had a good laugh at that.

"Remember when Ellie drove off in his car, leaving him at your place, Ara?" Zarah said this time.

"Oh my goodness, that was hilarious."

"Yeah, and she called him, while she was driving his car, just to taunt him."

I laughed. "Wow. You seem like a force to be reckoned with," I teased.

"You have no idea," Ara and Zarah said at the same time causing us all to laugh.

"How about you, Ara, how did you and Massimo meet?" I asked.

"We met through Evelyn, my mom's best friend. She works for Mass. I was job haunting when Evelyn called me saying that Mass was in dire need of a nanny, and asked me if I wanted the job. So I went for an interview with him. he didn't like me at first, but one night, Lia got sick and Evelyn called me. He hired me that same night."

"Sounds like there's a lot more to that story," I said.

"Oh you have no idea. There's more to all of our stories. These men are a lot of trouble, but they're worth it," Ara said.

"I agree," Ellie said.

"Me too," Zarah agreed.

I smiled.

I envy the three women in front of me. Whatever it is that they went through in the past, it's obvious that they have completely moved past it, and are now happily married.