CHAPTER 9 LEO

LEO

1 WEEK LATER

"Damn it! Don't tell me that you lost her scent again!? You need to give me something more useful than you lost her scent. This girl is you next Luna for crying out loud! She couldn't have just spouted a set of wings and flown the hell out of here! Her scent is nothing that's from here, so you would think it would be easy to track her down!"

Was I ever so wrong about that. One of my warriors caught Star's scent about three miles from here. By the time we got to where the scent was leading too, she was gone again.

All I could smell was raw blood and it was heavy. Rushing towards the scent pushing myself hard to only stop in my tracks. It was a complete massacre here. There were at least 20 bodies lying on the ground dead and very charred. I was in complete shock. In my years, I have never seen anything like it unless it was on the battlefield.

My mate's scent was strong and was bouncing around everywhere like she was in a fight with someone or from the looks of it, many people. The smell of her blood was strong again, as if her injuries were reopened. After that her scent was lost. We couldn't trace it anywhere else. I even had my best trackers looking for her; just to come back empty handed. Everyone was looking for Star, and there just seem to be no trace after this spot.

The Goddess warned me to not underestimate my mate. From what I gathered she was something really special. Even her scent was driving me up the wall. I ended up taking the pillows from the hospital back home, just so I could have her scent with me at any time that I needed a reminder which was a lot by the way. It even got to the point that I ripped part of the corner pillowcase keeping it with me at all times in one of my pockets.

We had a bad down pour, about two days after Star took off into the Dark Forest of Zulza. It's not a bad place there it's just dark there. My mother and CJ told me that they lost her scent there about 300 feet into the forest; my guess is that she was smart enough to climb one of the trees to lose them. The dark forest had thick coverings and some of the leaves and needles are strong in scent, so it would throw of a wolf's sense of smell off for sure. 

Smart, wicked, and a quick thinker. The only thing we would count on for sure when it did come to her scent is that we had to pull the blood from the hospital. It was the quickest way to find her or if she was still badly injured.

As for my darling baby sister; I haven't seen much of her since the rescue and my mate showing up. Honestly, I was waiting for her to tell me what she had done. To explain to me why she was there in the first place and thank her for saving Star that day. If it wouldn't have been for my sister's crazy ass will-power, determination, and bullheadedness to bringing Star back; I would be burying my mate as we speak. 

When Lola decides to distances herself from other it's just saying that she needs time to process something and to just leave her the hell alone. She will get to smoking that damn witch's weed sometimes, then start drinking heavily. Anything could set her off, like a walking grenade waiting to go off any second when she got this way.

CJ had also come into the office with some shocking news about my sister to that just confirmed what the Moon Goddess had shown me. That Lola's hands, indeed were burned up all the way through; where the silver light was hitting her. I was completely beside myself. I didn't even know what to think at the time when he told me that. So, the Moon Goddess was right this whole damn time.

LOLA

For Goddess sakes, toadstool, this shit right now! Slamming my arms on my work bench, clearing it, throwing everything on the floor. Scattering papers and maps, were flying everywhere and a few of my beakers broke, hitting the floor. Putting my hands in my hair, I pulled in frustration.