Chapter Six

(A/N - Oh my word, I cannot belive we have hit 300+ reads. I want to thank each and everyone of you for all your support and I hope you enjoy this (short) chapter).

I watched as Angelica climbed inside the car, I turned back to Antonio

"So, how did it-" I started but got cut off by Antonio kissing me and I instantly melted into the kiss, but I soon realized that Angelica is still in the car waiting for me to finish.

"Antonio!" I lightly slapped him on his shoulder. "We can't do this here."

"Oh, right," he said as he looked behind me and smiled. "What was your question again?"

"How did it go?" I asked, but he still looked confused. "The dinner with Angelica," I said.

"It could have been better," he said as he fiddled with the ring on my index finger.

The ring Angie gave me for Mother's Day when she was four, despite her being mad at me when she found out her father and I were getting a divorce.

"And why do you say that?" I asked him.

"It was a little awkward, she didn't talk much," he said with a sigh.

"Well, she just needs a little more time to accept this situation and get used to it," I said, rubbing his back.

"She has had months to accept this. You should have seen the look on my sons' faces when they heard she doesn't want to meet them," he let go of the.

"It's not that she doesn't want to meet them y-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"Then what?! What is it then!?" he yelled and threw his hands up in frustration yet again.

"I'm not having this conversation with you again, Antonio. Goodbye," I said and walked towards my car, with a guilty-looking Angelica.

When I climbed inside the car, Angelica was looking out the window with her arms crossed.

"I caused that argument, didn't I?" she asked as I started the car.

"No, of course not sweetie. He's just a little... tired, that's all," I tried to comfort her but she just nodded her head.

 tired, that's all," I tried to comfort her but she just nodded her head

"Shit." I cursed as I saw Esme walking towards her car, and so I decided that I should also go.

That was not how I expected it to go. I sighed and started driving home.

It took me about 15 minutes to get home, and as soon as I parked, I noticed that the living room lights were on.

I am not in the mood for this.

I walked up the stairs to the front door, and it was obviously open.

As soon as I stepped in, I expected my sons to bombard me with questions about Angelica and the dinner, but it was silent. Complete and utter silence.

I sighed in relief as I locked the door behind me.

I decided to just go straight to bed, and tomorrow I'll try to make it up to Esme.

And even though I was the one who started the argument, I still decided to text her goodnight.

Goodnight, my love ❤

(A/N)
Hi everyone!

How are you guys, did you enjoy this chapter?

I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I wanted to show you guys Antonio's ans Esmerelda's relationship.

I have already written 3 exams so far and I am really surprised I was able to update for you guys.

I don't know when I will be able to update again, but hopefully soon.

I hope you guys enjou the rest of your day/night.

Until next time 🩵