There's More to Family than a Pervert of a Grandpa?

Chapter 1: There's more to Family than a Pervert of a Grandpa?

Orario, the city fabled for holding the largest dungeon in the world, as well as being considered the center of the world. In it's existence, there rose people that would challenge the dungeon for various reasons. Wealth. Fame. Power. Some men doing it to test themselves, others do so as a means to protect the weak from the horrors that lie beneath.

In which for many of these adventurers that dive into the dungeon, the gods were curious and sought out the pleasures and amusement of these mortals in their quest to challenge the labyrinth of monsters.

The gods would descend from the heavens and form pacts and grant blessings to those that would join their pact. A Familia, as many adventurers called it such. Orario housed many Familias belonging to various types of gods.

And the largest two once upon a time, were that of the Zeus Familia and the Hera Familia. Both gods, partnered and paired together, brought order and strength across Orario. Renowned for their large familia of powerhouse adventurers and even their respective habits and looks.

Zeus by all accounts could be summed up in one word: Pervert. A built yet grizzled old man that would drag some of his children off to peek at beauties or even goddesses at the drop of a hat. And amazed many of the nurses and doctors to how well he could take a beating and recover a day after.

Especially the beatings from his wife, the goddess that stood with him as one of the two great gods of Orario. Hera, Zeus's wife and known to be a beauty rivaled to other Gods of Beauty and Love and of the similar sort. She's said to even turn women to her at a look.

By comparison, if Zeus was to be the day, then Hera would be the Queen of the Night. Long flowing hair of a deep purple, almost a mix of violet and red to even properly tell. Her face, ever stern but held warmth like a royal maiden looking at all with such love and warmth.

Though, her renown of her anger had spread a message to all. And even to this day, gods and their children follow this rule even if she wasn't around: Do not anger the Goddess of Family. She was the embodiment of motherhood. If any were to anger her, her children or those closest to her, then they would wish Hades and other Gods of torture and the underworld would end their suffering at her hands.

Yet, for all their strength and numbers in Orario, it painted a target on their backs. Over their reign their legends grew, and so did requests of mortals and the weak for aid. Three Great Calamities, monsters that threatened the very world itself came to be and only these two familias were strong to even attempt at subduing them.

The first to fall, of what are dubbed "The Three Great Quest", was the Behemoth. A colossal monster that had rampaged throughout parts of the world. Toppling mountains and devouring cities. It took both familia's an entire month to kill the beast and aid in recovery of the people.

Second was the Leviathan, a sinister sea serpent that roamed the world's waters for any and all that dare believe to travel. Though at a disadvantage and taking many lives from them, their children were able to kill it in its own waters and burn its corpse till nothing but bones and ashes washed into the ocean.

With each great quest, their numbers both dwindled, and their children grew stronger. Sadly, it was the last one of the great quests that brought them down. The One-Eyed Black Dragon. A monster among monsters that not even the fabled hero Albert Waldstein could kill, he was only able to scar and take its eye before his death.

The best of both their combined forces was to drive it away. Their numbers slashed severely and too many injured to even continue if they made a full recovery. Upon returning after their failures, their own kind turned on them. Mockery and ridicule for being unable to kill such a beast, they suffered for what they were trying to do for the people.