1

I got up on stage at the bar I played at every night. I looked around the room and saw a few new faces. It was a little strange, usually the same people came everyday and the new people were all in a group. I tried my best to ignore them and strummed the first chord on my guitar before singing.

"I'm singing at a funeral tomorrow
For a kid a year older than me
And I've been talking to his dad
It makes me so sad
When I think too much about it I can't breathe
And I have this dream where I'm screaming underwater
While my friends are all waving from the shore
And I don't need you to tell me what that means
I don't believe in that stuff anymore"

I eyed the newcomers once I saw them take glances at me when they thought I wasn't looking. I made eye contact with the blonde and quickly looked away when I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks.

"I have a friend I call
When I've bored myself to tears
And we talk until we think we might just kill ourselves
But then we laugh until it disappears
And last night I blacked out in my car
And I woke up in my childhood bed
Wishing I was someone else
Feeling sorry for myself
When I remembered someone's kid is dead"

I finished my song and stepped off the stage, feeling the blondes eyes on me until I was out of her sight. I put my guitar back in the bag and jumped when the blonde walked over to me. "Jennifer Jareau, FBI." She showed me her credentials.

"Did I do something?" I asked in a tired voice.

"We're here to talk to you about someone."

"Who?" I asked, looking at the tall black haired man who came up behind her.

"Denny Rodgers."

"What about him?" I tensed up, my jaw clenching.

"He's dead." She said.

"What?" My jaw dropped. "He can't be...how is he dead?"

"Dumped into a pool of acid." She said. My stomach churned at the thought. "We were wondering if you knew anything about him, we've heard from a few people that you two were close."

"Close?" I scoffed. The man narrowed his eyes. "If you call trying to roofie me three times and if it weren't for the class A security at this place I would've gotten raped close, sure, yeah, we were close." Jennifer eyed me up and down. "I didn't kill him. I know that might seem like a motive to you but I didn't kill him." They both towered over me, my short ass being 5'3.

"Would you mind if we took a look in your apartment?" She asked.

"Nope, it's a bit messy though." I popped the p. "Are we gonna go now or later? I kind of need a ride."

"We can take you." They turned around and started walking so I assumed that I should follow them.

I got into the backseat of their black SUV and told them my address. When we got to my apartment door I opened it for them. There were song lyrics on papers scattered everywhere, on my walls, the floor and every counter. "Look through whatever." I put my guitar down.

"Do you have anything about Denny?" Jennifer asked me.

"I never wrote anything about that man." She gave me a slight nod and eyed me carefully as I sat down. "What are you looking for?"

"Someone said he was here the night he died."

"I wasn't here last night so I would know, sorry."

"Where were you?" Jennifer asked.

"Hookup?" It came out as a question. She sighed and walked into my bedroom.

She walked back out a few minutes later and raised her brows at the tall dark haired man. "There's nothing here Hotch." She took a card out of her pocket and walked over to me. "Take this." I took it from her and saw a number. "If you think of anything, call me." I nodded and felt my chest warm when she smiled.

"Thanks. Bye." I whispered.

"Bye."