Chapter 28

In Rajasthan, a grand haveli stands with a large gate where security personnel are stationed.

In the morning, the servants are busy with their tasks, either cleaning or watering the trees. Suddenly, three cars arrive, and the gate opens quickly, revealing none other than the king and queen of Rajasthan, Adhiraj Raghuvanshi and his wife Vidya Adhiraj Raghuvanshi, returning from the temple.

The cars come to a stop, and the driver promptly opens the door for the king, while the queen exits from the other side. Adhiraj moves towards his wife, helping her cover herself with her shawl as she feels a bit cold. The people standing nearby respectfully look down. Together, Adhiraj and Vidya climb the stairs and enter the haveli, a blend of royal grandeur and modern elegance.

Inside, a 15-year-old boy, Aarav, and a 13-year-old girl, Ruhi, come running towards them.

"Dadi, Dadu!" they call out excitedly.

Vidya and Adhiraj smile warmly at their grandson and granddaughter.

"Dadi, you didn't take us to the temple with you. You went alone with Dadu," Ruhi said sweetly, giggling softly at her grandmother's reaction.

Vidya widened her eyes playfully and said, "Naughty child."

Then, two people arrived: a very strong man and a beautiful woman dressed in a royal saree. They were Virendra Raghuvanshi and his wife Maya Raghuvanshi, the second son and daughter-in-law of Adhiraj and Vidya, and the parents of Aarav and Ruhi.

They approached Adhiraj and Vidya, respectfully touching their feet to seek blessings. Vidya smiled softly at them, her eyes filled with warmth and pride for her family.

Virendra gently held his mother's hand and guided her to a seat, knowing she was feeling a little unwell. He then looked towards his wife.

Maya, already aware of the situation, went to the kitchen where she had everything prepared. She gave orders to the staff, who promptly brought out the breakfast.

Adhiraj took his seat at the head of the table, with Vidya seated next to him and Virendra beside her. As Maya brought the hot food, Virendra immediately took the dish from her hands.

"Virendra, I’m fine. Please, eat your food," Vidya protested, trying to stop her son.

"No, Maa," Virendra insisted, and he began feeding her with a spoon, hoping it would help her recover from her cold more quickly.

Seeing Vidya start to eat, Adhiraj began his breakfast as well, reassured by his family's care and togetherness.

Maya served her children's favorite breakfast before starting her own meal. After they finished eating, Virendra handed his mother her medicine.

Vidya then rested in her room for a while.

Virendra headed to the company for a meeting. The Raghuvanshi family owned numerous hotels, properties, and NGOs, all under the Raghuvanshi name. Virendra, as the CEO, managed the company after Adhiraj. The Raghuvanshi company was the top company in India, but with great prominence came many enemies. The media only knew Adhiraj and Vidya Raghuvanshi, as the family had become very private over the years.

---

In the afternoon,

"Maya..."

"Yes, maa."

"Karva Chauth is coming up, so you should call the saree and jewelry sellers."

"I already did, maa. They will be arriving soon."

Vidya and Maya sat together in the garden, Maya helping Ruhi with her schoolwork. Ruhi, curious, asked her grandmother, "Dadi, do we have a holiday that day?"

"No, dear..."

At that moment, Kabir arrived with the saree and jewelry sellers. Kabir was a highly esteemed individual in Adhiraj's circle, someone deeply loyal and respected. Despite his formidable reputation, the sellers greeted Vidya and Maya with folded hands, a gesture of respect rather than fear. They took their seats as Maya had instructed.

Ruhi excitedly jumped up and ran to her uncle Kabir. He crouched down and pulled out chocolates from his pocket, handing them to her. Her face lit up with joy at receiving her favorite treat, and Kabir chuckled warmly in response.

Meanwhile, the new saree seller had arrived, as the elderly gentleman who usually handled these matters was unwell. The atmosphere tensed noticeably upon the arrival of the new seller, who seemed visibly shaken and intimidated by Kabir's imposing presence. Throughout their journey, the man maintained a stern and unyielding demeanor.

Sensing eyes on him, Kabir turned to see the saree seller hesitantly presenting his wares. Despite the man's apprehension, he swiftly began displaying sarees and lehengas under Kabir's unwavering gaze.

"Maya, take a look and choose which one you like," Vidya said as she began browsing through the beautiful sarees and lehengas presented by the sellers. Each piece was intricately designed and stunningly crafted. Maya carefully selected a saree and lehenga in Virendra's favorite color. As she continued browsing, her eyes were drawn to a particularly exquisite lehenga, adorned with intricate embroidery that seemed perfect for a newlywed couple. She ran her fingers over the delicate work, captivated by its beauty, and quickly decided to include it in their selection.

Next, Maya focused on finding matching jewelry sets, ensuring they complemented each chosen outfit perfectly. Finally, she selected pieces for herself as well.

Throughout their selection process, they enjoyed tea that Maya had ordered upon their arrival. Once their choices were made, they concluded their discussions and prepared to move indoors.

With everything settled, all involved parties proceeded inside, content with their decisions and the day's accomplishments.

---

In the night, Vidya took out her phone and opened a photo showing everyone enjoying ice cream and laughing together. It was a picture Vikram had sent her a few days ago. Her eyes welled up as she looked at her elder son Rajendra, seated calmly while Vikram and Naina performed the puja. She whispered softly, "Raj..."

Quickly closing the photo, she fought against the overwhelming wave of missing him that surged whenever she saw his face. She lay down on her bed, and after some time, her eyes closed as sleep overtook her.

Adhiraj stirred awake and glanced at Vidya, recalling the conversation he'd had earlier that morning with Kabir and Virendra.

"Soon," he murmured to himself, a determined look in his eyes as thoughts of the future filled his mind.

                            ~~~~

I hope you like it.
Do vote and comment.