VII

LILY'S POV

"And it's light out and away we go here in Monaco" announced the commentator.

"It will be a very important race, because we haven't seen Max on pole for two races now. Will he go back to being the two-time world champion that we know, or will he be content with being on the podium?" Max had made a good start, as Monaco is a very narrow circuit, most of the time, whoever was on pole won the race.

"Very good start from Verstappen, who sprints away from the group when the traffic lights go out, followed by Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc!". The anxiety started to rise, Max was determined to win the race and would do everything to win it, especially in Monaco, which was a very important circuit.

"Max, good start, Carlos 1.2 seconds behind you" I told him over the radio

"Great, keep me updated on the gap"

"Copy that". The first twenty laps were dominated by Max, our strategy was working perfectly, Carlos was attacking him and was wearing out his tyres. After ten laps we called him to the pits, the strategy was to make two pit stops throughout the race.

"Verstappen entered the pits to change tyres, Carlos Sainz takes the lead for the Monaco Grand Prix, followed by his teammate Charles Leclerc and Mclaren driver Lando Norris" announced the journalist.

"Max, now you're P4, but no one has stopped to pit yet, everyone has used tires, now Carlos has the lead" I told him from the radio

"Copy that, gap from Lando?" he asked me

"You're 0.7 from Lando"

"Copy that". Max was a very cold and precise person when it came to speaking on the radio during the races, now he would take Lando, as was right, he shouldn't confuse work with the relationship with Lando. But he easily caught up with Lando and Charles, and immediately took the lead in the grand prix, as Carlos had stopped to pit. Two laps later Charles had also pitted, and was P4, Max was first, Carlos second, Lando third and Charles fourth.

"But what is happening between Norris and Leclerc? It seems that Leclerc wants to overtake him at all costs, but it will be very difficult, given that all the corners are very tight. Charles Leclerc takes advantage of Lando Norris' moment of weakness and goes to take third place, he wants to be on the podium at all costs in his home grand prix" announced the commentator. After an hour of racing, the last two laps were missing, we were in seventy-sixth out of seventy-eight.

"Sainz gap?" Max asked me

"0.2 seconds"

"Fuck, what did they do to that car to make it go so fast?" Max asked angrily

"Max, don't worry, there are two laps left, stay calm and don't make mistakes, you have the victory in your hands" Carlos was always closer to Max, Ferrari had actually made great improvements on their car given the first races.

"We are on lap 77 of 78, Vertappen has the victory in his grasp, but what is happening? Carlos Sainz opens up on the outside to take Max Verstappen and he does! Carlos Sainz takes the lead again in the Monaco Grand Prix. And Max Verstappen loses control of the car in turn 2, caught by Sainz' performance, and crashes into the barriers. Max Verstappen is out of the Monaco Grand Prix! OMG What did just happened? I've never saw such an exciting race! Incredible performance from the Spanish driver, who reaches towards the finish line and Carlos Sainz wins the Monaco Grand Prix and it is three consecutive victories in the Spanish driver's best season. Followed by his teammate, it is a 1-2 for the Ferrari team, me in Bahrain, only with the positions alternate! In third place goes Lando Norris, followed by the two Mercedes and Sergio Perez!".