XV

LILY'S POV

Max threw the first ball, and we started playing, even if at the beginning I was very skeptical, because facing the two people who I didn't want to see for any reason in the world, and moreover together, scared me, but in the end I amused. Max and I didn't do badly, we managed to respond to their throws and attacks, but Lando and Carlos ended up winning the first game.

"We won, finally there's something you can beat Max at!" Lando said

"Anyway, I want a rematch, we know you cheated" I said jokingly to both of them.

"And who decides this? You little Verstappen?" Carlos asked me with a smirk

"And even if it were? What, are you afraid Sainz?" I asked him in the same tone

"Ok, let's do this rematch" Carlos announced

"Finally Sainz, we already know that we will beat you" I replied

"Everything still remains to be seen Verstappen" Carlos told me, looking me in the eyes

We started the second game, and the blows became stronger, almost unbearable, in particular from Carlos, who seemed to be doing everything he could to score a point, and every time he succeeded, because he knew he was strong, he looked at me with a little grin.
Max and I managed to defend ourselves in some way, also because Lando was more or less at our level, in fact we managed to score a few points, and win a set, but unfortunately Carlos and Lando won the second game again.

"So, do you still want the rematch Verstappen?" Carlos asked me

I glared at him, hating him at that moment and that smirk on his lips.

"Anyways guys, we're going to the bar for a moment to get some bottles of water, so y'all can calm down a bit" said Max

"Yes, see you soon" Lando replied

Kelly waved at us, saying goodbye, because she was going home, because P needed her.

"Um, alright see you soon" I replied

Once they left, Carlos and I were alone, and there was an awkward silence, so I approached the benches where our bags were to go and have a drink. I was exhausted after those games, just because Carlos decided to play unfair.

"Anyway I thought you were stronger than this little verstappen" Carlos said breaking the silence

"We all know why we lost" I replied as I approached him

"And that would be?" he said looking me in the eyes

"You made those shots on purpose, because you know very well that they are impossible to catch," I told him

"Or maybe you're incapable of playing" he replied, coming closer and towering over me with his height

"How dare you" I said looking him in the eyes. Something, I don't know what, made me angry, but at the same time made me feel very attracted to him. His stupid eyes, or maybe his stupid smirk.

I punched him on the shoulder, and walked away from that situation, but as I was walking away, he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him again.

"Do you want to know what you're doing wrong, or do you always have to be so stubborn?" he asked me

"Ok, show me where I'm wrong, Professor Sainz," I told him, rolling my eyes.

"Come on, come here," he told me, going to the center of the field

I reached him and he positioned himself behind me, I could feel his scent invading my nostrils and his breath on his neck.

"You're wrong to hold the racket, you see, you hold it too high, you should grab it from here, with your dominant hand" he explained to me, indicating the racket and how to hold it.