XI

LILY'S POV

AN HOUR BEFORE
After the awards ceremony, the pilots opened bottles of champagne and started partying with each other, dousing themselves in champagne and drinking from the bottle. Max, after celebrating with Charles and Lando, went to Horner and already sprayed all the champagne on himself, and when they got off the podium, both Horner and Max, were doused in champagne. When all three of them had stepped off the podium, Max greeted both Charles and Lando, and then came towards me, unlike the other two drivers, who went to their pits. I followed Lando with the gaze, why hadn't he come to say hello, or give me a kiss? He was probably angry about the race, afterwards I would go to him to console him, I thought to myself.

"Hey Lilyss!" Max told me, arriving wet with champagne, interrupting my flow of thoughts

"Hey Maxiee! No, stay away from me, don't even try to come closer, you're all full of champagne!" I told him, moving away from him, laughing

"Come on, come here," he said, taking me and hugging me

"NO MAX, DON'T EVEN TRY!" I told him screaming as he hugged me

I felt the smell of champagne entering my nostrils, and when Max let go of my embrace, I saw him happier than ever, with a special light in his eyes.

"So are you happy now?" I told him, glaring at him

"Yes, now I can consider myself happy!" he told me with a satisfied face

"Come on, let's go to the garage, there are all the mechanics and Checo who want to congratulate you" I told him, taking him by the arm and going to the pits.

We spent about an hour talking to the mechanics and Horner, and in the meantime we also finished Max's bottle of champagne, after which, we went to take the usual photo after a victory and they sprayed us with champagne again, I couldn't see the time to go back to the hotel to wash away that wine smell. But when I saw how happy Max was, my heart filled with joy, and so I forgot about everything else. After some time, I apologized to everyone and said I wanted to go back to the hotel, but before I left, Horner approached me.

"Lily, you did great, congratulations to you too, because without an intelligent engineer like you, we wouldn't have made it, thank you"

"Thanks to you Christian, I'm very happy for Max, because I haven't seen him so happy for a while" I replied

"Good, then I'll see you next week, have a nice evening" he said greeting me

"Bye Christian" I replied

Before returning to the hotel, however, I wanted to stop and say hello to Lando, being that I had seen him sad just before, so I headed towards his garage. At the entrance, I saw that Oscar was there, so I approached him.

"Hey Oscar, do you know where Lando is?" I asked him

"Hey Lily, yes, he is in his dressing room, I think he is changing" he told me

"Perfect, thank you very much Oscar, bye" I replied walking towards Lando's bedroom. Once I got to his dressing room door, I noticed that it was half-open, so I decided to enter without knocking, because if he left it half-open, it meant that he wasn't busy.

"Hey La-"

My voice died in my throat after seeing the scene I was witnessing. There were Lando and Luisa, her ex-girlfriend, semi-naked, or rather, she was almost completely naked, with only her underwear covering her privacy. Lando, on the other hand, still had his pants on, but his shirt was unbuttoned and his hair was messy.

"Lily, I know what it looks like, but it's not what it looks like," Lando began, quickly buttoning up his shirt.

"Oh no? It's not as it seems? Because it doesn't seem like you're talking like friends" I told him angrily.