XXII

LILY'S POV

As soon as I got to the hotel, I went straight to my room, I had a few hours to get ready for the game. I went to take a shower, and let the jet of water make all my thoughts go away.
I was happy to have a night where I didn't have to think about any of my problems, including Carlos or Formula 1.

As much as I loved Formula 1, every now and then it was good for me to take a few hours to unplug, and going to watch a game of my best friends was one of the best ways.

After getting out of the shower, I dried my hair very quickly, and took the curling iron to make some curls. Then came the most difficult moment, which was choosing what to wear.

After trying on a few clothes, I opted for a pair of jeans and the Brazil team t-shirt. I put on my makeup very quickly, because I didn't want to do too much makeup, and I drew two little hearts, one green and one yellow, on my cheeks.

I put on a pair of heels, and grabbed my bag. As I was leaving to get my car, Vini texted me when I would be there, and I texted him that I would be at the stadium in 10 minutes. He texted me that he would wait for me at the stadium entrance with Ney, because then we would go to the locker rooms to greet the others.

Once I arrived, I parked my Ferrari and went in. As promised at the players' entrance, I found Vini and Ney waiting for me.

"Hey estrelinha, you're beautiful" Ney told me, hugging me

"I agree, you're stunning" Vini told me, hugging me too

They were already dressed in their shirts for the game, they only had a sweatshirt that protected them from the breeze that was outside.

"You're not looking bad either" I replied jokingly.

"Come on, let's go before some paparazzi sees us," Vini told us.

We went in and walked down the corridor, full of photos of former and current players of the Brazilian national team. We went to the locker rooms and I felt my heart jump into my throat, it had been a long time since I had seen all the guys, and even though I had spoken very little to some of them, they had always treated me like a little sister.

"Look who we brought?" Neymar shouted in Portuguese once we entered the locker rooms.

Everyone turned around suddenly, and after a few seconds there was a mix of screams and happiness. They all came to hug me and say hello. One of the first was Rodrygo, another close friend of mine, not at the level of Ney and Vini, but who I loved very much.

"Lily, how are you? It's been too long" he said, lifting me off the floor to hug me and make me do a pirouette

"Hahah, everything's fine, I missed you a lot, but when they told me I was going to meet you tonight I was the happiest person in the world" I replied laughing

After that Richarlison, Danilo, Bremero, two Juventus forwards who I loved a lot, because I had been a Juventus fan since I was little, Endrick, Militao and Paquetà came to greet me.

After saying hello to everyone, and taking a lot of photos, Vini accompanied me to my seat, it was a seat in the VIP area, which he and Ney had booked for me, even though I would have been more than happy with a seat in one of the two curves of the stadium.

"Estrelinha, you know we have to talk later?" Vini said to me as we were walking towards the VIP area

"What about Vini?" I asked him trying to remain vague

"You know what Lily" he told me seriously, when he called me by my name, I knew it was something that was very close to his heart

"About what happened this afternoon with Sainz" he told me seriously "I've never seen you so worried, estrelinha, I waited to tell Ney, because I didn't want to make him anxious before the match, you know how we are when it comes to you" he told me