★ | 002. one year later

Book: Strong, Until Dawn
Chapter 2: One Year Later
Word Count: 1994

Book: Strong, Until DawnChapter 2: One Year LaterWord Count: 1994

One Year Later

Jessica sat at the cable car station by herself. The wind blew around her. She was bored as she played with the letter in her hand.

Suddenly, a hand was on her shoulder and she jumped with a shout. "Woah, didn't mean to scare you." She turned her head to see it was Scott.

She huffed and smacked him on the arm. "You dick, you scared the hell out of me."

"I'm sorry." He said with a small laugh. "I'll make my footsteps louder next time."

"Thank you. Should have done that to begin with."

He smiled. "Are you still mad at me or can I get some love?"

She couldn't help but smile back at him. "Only a little bit of love."

He reached forward and put his hands on her cheeks, kissing her softly. He pulled back and stared in her eyes, her cheeks were flushed, not from the cold but from him. "A little more."

She giggled, putting her hands on his hips to pull him closer. The kiss only lasted a moment longer then the previous one and Scott could have kept going but Jessica pulled back. "Save it for later big boy."

"Such a tease." He grinned.

"You know it!" She said with another giggle.

They took a seat back where she had been and he put his arm over his shoulder and she snuggled into his side. He wasn't too happy to be back here again but at least he had her by his side. She made it more bearable. She could distract him from the shitty weekend he was sure was going to come. "You okay?" He asked her softly.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know. Being back here."

"I mean... it's weird but we'll have a good time." She tried to keep her voice light as she spoke. She clearly didn't want to talk about it so he let it go. She lifted her head when she heard the cable car come to a stop. "Oh, boy. New people. Time to meet and greet."

She stood up and held out her hand. Scott took it and followed her to the entrance door. A loud bang made her jump back into his arms. "Ah! What the hell?"

"Jess! Hey!" Chris called from inside.

"Jessica! Over here!" Sam continued.

"You're jumpy tonight." Scott laughed in her ear.

Jessica sighed annoyance as she looked at the other two through the door window. "Uh... are you guys having a really weird stroke?"

"We're stuck in this stupid thing." Chris said.

"Can you please let us out? Pretty please?" Sam pouted.

Jessica pushed the red button next to the door, making it turn green. The door unlocked and Sam and Chris came out. "Oh. My. God. I thought we were goners. Another ten minutes in there and I would have chewed off my own leg."