one more wont hurt, right?

(🥵🔩)

(soaps pov)

I pull down the hard metal shutter on my shop door, the dark clouds pulling over the skies, I clipped the bulky padlock to the strong hook on the ground, before straightening myself up and heading off home. I tapped my hand over my bag, making sure I picked up my iPad, I let out a longing sigh as I kept on walking.

I walked down the busy street, the street lights dimly lit the town as the pavement was abused by the stomps of women's heels or the knees of drunken men. I held onto my bag tightly, before running my free hand through my outgrown mohawk, 'I really need to get a haircut' I thought to my self as I pulled a long strand of hair outwards, rolling my fingers in the strand.

I kept walking down the street, I rolled my jumpers sleeves down, covering my tattooed arms, the bitter air of November was starting to rush in, I rubbed my inked hands together, conducting a small spark of heat to warm up my skin. Looking around at the girls in short skirts, I noticed a group looking at me as I walked by, they all stopped and stared, 'was I that good looking?' I thought to myself as I walked by them, giggles and whispers escaped their red stained lips. I looked back at them, not to check them out. To see how they was handling this cold weather better then I was. I focused back on my path as I flicked a long piece of hair out of my face.

As I was walking down the uneven, cracked pavement, I felt my feet stop as I turned to look at the pub in front of me.

"The Tipsy Gander... I suppose I could just pop in." I made my way into the pub, the pub was crowded with men and women seeming to be having a good time. I kept my head high as I made my way to a empty stool at the bar.

"well well well, you owe me another drink..." a deep voice came from what felt like no where. I raised my head from looking at my wallet to see a masked figure behind the counter of the bar. he had his sleeves rolled up, showing a full sleeve tattoo on his left arm, and a fair amount of scars on his right arm.

"I'm sorry?" I looked at him, confused by what he meant by 'I owe him another drink'

"because when I looked at you, I dropped mine" he said, looking deeply into my blue eyes, I stared at him, soon realising it was a pick up line. 'well that's random...' I thought to myself, the silence between us building more and more uncomfortably before he speaks up again.

"sorry that was bad. What can I get you mate?" he itched the back of his neck, as his arm moved up, his shirt tightened around his muscular frame. His brown eyes standing out against the black face paint, that sat smudged over his eyelids and around his eyes.

"just a pint of lager please" I look back down to my bag before pulling my iPad out, along with the digital pen. He nodded as he began to get my drink, slow music played in the back of the pub 'sounds like part-time lover by Stevie wonder' i thought to myself as I opened my iPad and began to design for my customers tomorrow.

The masked man brought my drink and placed it next to me, I looked up and nodded to him, taking a sip of the lager in front of me.

I put my pen down, feeling a little hot in the jumper I was wearing, 'I swore I was freezing a moment ago...' I thought to myself as I pulled my jumper off, revealing my tattooed arms and shoulders, I folded up my jumper and shoved it into my bag, I look up from my bag to see that masked man watching me from behind the bar in the corner. I looked back at my iPad before carrying on with the design, trying not to overthink it too much.

No matter how many times I tried to get this stupid line right, I couldn't. I ran my hand through my hair, blowing out a frustrated sigh, I picked up my lager and swigged the last bit, before putting the glass back down on the table. The pub was still rowdy as it was only 10pm. I felt like giving up on this design and just letting Gaz work on the bit that I can't.