Chapter Three: Friends

I was one with darkness. I had been hiding in my room for three days. Three days since I broke down at the party, three days since I had broken the news to my family. My mother, Nicole Wells, God bless her soul had broken down and I had to comfort her, my step father, William Wells, was livid and it didn't help that he was a cop he almost went on a rampage.

Let's just say I managed to calm him down before a criminal who was not a criminal was accidentally shot in back. Azalea on the other hand didn't believe Sebastian could do that. The twelve year old girl had became so close to him. He was basically an older brother to her and watching her watch me looking for and indication that this wasn't true was heartbreaking.

Sebastian had come over two days ago and let's just say it didn't go very well. My stepfather had to be held back by my mom not to commit a murder. I appreciated the effort but I had kindly asked them to let me handle this. Well if you call screaming and crying and cursing handling it.

"You ruined my life you piece of shit, I hate you, go die or jump over a cliff, and why don't you go tell Sophia to eat shit, it's over don't ever come back here I hate you I hate you I haate you" I screamed when he tried to talk to me.

I didn't mean the words I said at least some of them. As he stood on our porch, his brown hair looking shaggy, his blue eyes looking sad and teary, his shoulders stooped and his mouth begging me to listen, all I wanted was to hug him and tell him I still loved him even after how much he'd hurt me. I wanted to go back to how it was. I wanted to erase the memory of what I had seen, I wanted it to go back to how it was. But I knew it couldn't ever be the same and I hated him for ruining what we had. I hated him for ruining my perfect life. And I hated that I still loved him.

I hated him

"Please baby, it was a mistake"

"Ooh so you slipped and fell into Sophia's vagina?!"

I screamed as more tears broke through my eyes but I didn't care to whipe them.

"How long?" I finally calmed myself enough to ask the most burning question. How long for had he had this affair with Sophia. I knew the answe could only hurt me further but I needed to know.

"Baby" He pleaded his eyes flashing with guilt.

"How. Long!" I gritted.

"Since her birthday party" He said in barely a whisper. My knees almost. Sophia's birthday was a month ago. I hadn't attended that party because I was not well and he had gone alone. He hadn't returned home that night and he had said he had been too drunk and slept at Sophia's. I hadn't thought much of it because they were friends. I had been so naive.

They had been having an affair behind my back for a month. I felt like I was drowning. My heart broken again and I shivered with pain.

"I hate you" My voice cracked as I met Sebastian's eyes.

"Please baby" He pleaded.

"Don't call me baby, how could you do this?" Another set of tears fell from my eyes. He wiped away his own tears but he didn't say anything more.

"Please"

"Go!" I screamed. And he left.

I don't know what I expected but maybe I wanted him to fight for me all tell me it was going to be alright. I collapsed to my knees as I watched him leave. It was like my heart was breaking all over again. Nicole and William were by my side and helped back to my room where I was inconsolable for hours. And when I asked to be left alone the obliged begrudgingly.

I hadn't left my room since and Azalea, William or Nicole popped in once in a while to bring me food which I didn't eat. I didn't acknowledge them anyway and they didn't force me to do anything. My family was a loving family and I was lucky to have them but I was numb and didn't feel anything.