chapter Thirteen: Odd

I woke up with the sun slipping past my blinds and needles on my feet. I mean literal needles in the form little fingers. Azalea had thought it a good idea to paint my nails while I slept. It was too early for this. She even opened my blinds a little bit to aid her endeavor. She was doing it as gently as possible not to wake me, her little finger ran careful on my toes. I was sure this was one of her pranks like when she drew a spider on my face while I slept then she had yelled,

Spider!

As soon as I had woken up and set foot in the kitchen. I had ended up slapping the shit out of my face which had resulted to everyone dying of laughter at my expense. I could have lost a tooth with the strength I had smacked myself with but it seems my family didn't care about my welfare.

I'm a deep sleeper so I hadn't felt anything then.

I didn't want to startle her and have the nail polish spray all over my beddings so I pretend to be asleep and waited till she was done. I waited as she tiptoed to the door before throwing away my bedcovers and pouncing on her.

She hadn't anticipated my move and she screeched as I tackled her to the floor. I was feeling pretty energetic, I had been pretty huddled in my room sulking my days aways since we broke up with Sebastian but I was feeling pretty good and I was up for a wrestling match with the little devil who had infiltrated my lair.

I tickled her relentlessly as she squirmed and laughed helplessly.

"Stoop!!" She screeched trying to get out of my grasp but I wasn't done punishing her. I put my weight on her stomach and went for her feet. She was ticklish there and she gasped for air and clawed at my back.

"Mom!" She called trying to get away. But she knew It was futile because mom never involved herself in our squabbles. Mostly because she knew azalea started then.

"No one can save you now, beg for mercy" I mocked jokingly as I tickled for her feet.

"Please master I'll do anything you wish for" She breathed in between her laughter.

"Whatever shall my servant wish to honour me with that I don't already have?" I pretended to be in thought for a second before resuming my torment.

"I'll fold your laundry" She tried as she laughed tiredly her laughter coming in rasp now.

"Not good enough" I resumed my torture as tears fell from her eyes.

"I'll treat you to Holly's and pay" She pleaded and I pretended to be in thought before finally giving in. I loved going to Holly's and I loved the Holly's ice cream.

"Good enough" I faked a yawn and let her go. She sighed in relieve and sprawled on the floor.

"You are happy today" She peeked up at me. Was I happy? I felt quite happy, I didn't miss Sebastian anymore which was odd comparing I was completely and totally heads over heels in love with him less than a week ago. I felt like a bad person for moving on overnight. Yes, overnight, what had happened to me to make me  move on from the love of my life in one night? What exactly had happened to me that night.

Was it my body's defence mechanism to protect itself? Or had I genuinely moved on. My answers lay at the Moonlight Club. Maybe whatever had happened had affected my memory too. Something weird had surely happened to me.

"Maybe I am" I answered my sister honestly. "And I'll even be more happy when I get the first cookie" I said before scrambling to my feet and heading for the door azalea hot on my heels. Whoever gets the fast cookie is the pirate we all know that, we  stepped on our own feet as we rushed to the kitchen.

I pretended to hurt my toe at the foot of the stairs letting her take the lead as she squealed happily her tiny feet rushing to the kitchen as I limped more slowly after her. She headed for the cookies and she was about to get one but Nicole's hand shot out first slapping her fingers away.