American Pie by Don McLean

2006
America
Third Person POV
Natalia; 11. Yelena; 6. Emma; 1.

"I want mac n' cheese," a young blond around six years old tells her supposed mother as her supposed eleven year older sister sets her supposed one year old sister on the high chair. 

"Nat!" The blubbering mess of a toddler spats out, giggling madly.

"Oh, you want mac n' cheese? Okay, well, I want..." The mother sighs. "... Caviar and champagne. Grab the napkins." She then hands the blond a bowl with corn cobs. "You take this, thank you." She turns to her dyed-blue-haired 'daughter'. "Oh, would you grab the ranch dressing for Dad?"

The blond girl, named Yelena grins at the brunette one year old. "Green beans are my favorite vegetables. Can Emma have green beans?"

"Oh, I'm sure she'll love to have some. Just cut them into smaller pieces." Melina answers and Yelena nods. "Dad's home!"

"Hey, Dad," Natalia says to Alexei.

"Hey, baby," he ruffles her hair before pushing past her.

The girls of the family start eating and Melina notices Alexei expression. "Everything okay?"

He sighs, giving her the look before asking, "how was everybodys' day?"

"Mommy taught me about lamp bugs!" Yelena beams brightly. "I tried reteaching them to Emma, but she just fell asleep."

"Lamp bugs, wow." 

"And I fell and hurt my knee, but it doesn't hurt anymore. And we also saw fireflies in the backyard! That was my favorite part of the whole day!"

"No," Melina looks at Alexei in disbelief. He nods.

"Yelena, we see fireflies every year," Natalia reminds the blond.

"How long do we have?"

"I don't know. Like, an hour, maybe." Alexei sighs.

"I don't wanna go." Melina looks down and Alexei lifts her chin.

"Don't say that." The two return to the table and Alexei exhales, "girls... you remember when I told you that one day we would have that big adventure? Today's the day."

"Yay!" Yelena giggles excitedly as Natalia looks at him with terror in her eyes. Emma matches Yelena's energy and smacks her bowl of apple sauce, giggling.

"All right, let's go!" Alexei picks up Emma, bringing her over to the car with Yelena quickly following him.

"I'm sorry," Melina whispers to Natalia who gulps.

...

Natalia's heart raced as she watched the other kids play. While driving, she saw a family of three exiting a car. A man that resembled the newer hero- Omni-Man- and the man's wife and one-year old son.

She sighs and leans back into her seat, glancing over at her younger 'sisters'.

"Where are we going?" Yelena asks.

"Home," there was no trace of joy in Melina's voice.

"Mommy, you're silly. We just left home."

Police sirens wailed in the distance and a loud boom followed, Natalia watched as the real Omni-Man flied past in a hurry.

...

"I want my song," Yelena demands. Sighing, Alexei plays her song.

American Pie by Don McLean.

"Bye, bye, Miss American Pie,

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry,