Cherry Bomb by The Runaways

Guardians' of the Globe HQ

The metal door is torn down as GDA Tech-Troppers enter the base. One steps on Red Rush's eyeball.

"Clear," one states. 

"Go, go, go! Get in there!" A paramedic shouts as the paramedics rush in there. "One team per casualty. Move it!"

"Jesus Christ," one gasps at the sight. "What the hell happened here?"

"Applying aqueous sealant." A paramedic sprays it on the corpse of Aquarus.

"Is that part of her brain?" One paramedic asks about Green Ghost. 

"It's the Green Ghost!"

"Did you find all the pieces?"

"I used to worship this guy as a kid..."

"Get those on ice."

"Cut in the neck, now. Watch out. Sometimes, it affects the spinal... AH-" Immortal dead body unconsciously punches two of the paramedics.

One paramedic barfs after picking up Immortal's head. "Beginning nano-suscitation. Locking in neural stabilizer."

"Omni-Man's alive!"

"Get out of the way!"

"Hurry up! We gotta go!"

"It's all we can do here... Get ready for transport. Go, go, go!"

"Careful! Don't bump her!"

"Never seen anything like this..." 

Once all the deceased heroes are out, Cecil Steadman punches a cart. "Goddammit!"

Pentagon
Arlington, Virginia

"Nolan's receiving the absolute pinnacle of care," Donald Ferguson reassures Debbie and Mark. "As the Global Defense Agency, we have access to medical technology far beyond any normal hospital." 

"Whoa..." Mark looks outside the glass to see jets. 

"Ah, that's one of our threat-response teams. They're able to get anywhere-"

"We're not in the mood for the tour, Donald," Debbie scoffs. 

"Sorry, Debbie."

"My dad never mentioned you guys," Mark speaks up.

"That's the idea. We work with superheroes like your father to keep the world safe. Who knows, maybe someday, we'll even work with Invincible." Donald smirks making Mark grin.

...

"Oh, my God, Nolan!" Debbie gasps at the sight of her husband.

"Dad!" Mark follows his mother to his father's side. "He's gonna be okay, right?"

"We... hope so, and our doctors are doing their best, but we don't get a lot of Viltrumites in here." Donald tells them.

"Who did this?"

"We have no idea," Cecil answers, entering the room with with red-eyed Emma in causal clothes behind him. "Not yet, anyway, but we'll find out, and when we do, they're gonna look a hell of a lot worse than your dad right over there. And that's only if we get to them first, if Canary over there gets to them first, I will actually pray for the bastard." He holds his hand out to Mark. "Cecil Steadman. Director of the GDA. Deborah, I'm so sorry."

"Cecil, you've got a lot of nerve," Debbie stands up, glaring at him.

"Someone murdered the Guardians' of the Globe last night," Emma states before choking up.