No Sleep Till Brooklyn by Beastie Boys

"This time, I'm ready, Invincible!" Killcannon fires at Invincible. Invincible dodges the shots fired with ease but punching Killcannon, making the ignorant white boy crash into a car. "I surrender-" Invincible punches him once again, knocking him out cold.

Riya had seen this video at least eighty-six times before harassing Emma about it. Always spewing about how cool her boyfriend is. However, Emma watched the video hundred-n-two times as she was analyzing the way Mark fought.

"Hey," was simply mutter from behind her. Emma's gaze focused onto Mark, who was smiling softly at her.

"Hello." She hums. "You're-"

"I know. I'm twenty minutes late," he chuckles. "But, be honest, is there any way you can be mad at me?"

"Yes-"

"Really? Even after I bought you matcha gateau au chocolat?"

"You flew all the way across town to get me the Japanese rendition of a French chocolate cake to make up for being late because you were fighting villains even though this just made you more late?"

"Is that crazy? I mean, I could take it back, but that'll probably just make me even more late-" Emma grabs Mark by his collar.

"Let's go, loverboy."

Lance Residence

"Apologies, my dear," Melina sighs on call. "We won't be able to make it to dinner tonight. Maybe next week shall work?"

Emma hums, "I don't know, Mama. I have dinner with Mark's parents next week-"

Emma could hear the phone being snatched. "Mark? As in Mark Grayson? As in Invincible? As in Omni-Man's son?" Alexei demands.

"As in my boyfriend? Then, yes. You'd be correct."

"You go on date with the son of my greatest adversary? You break my heart but make Shakespeare's heart swell with pride."

"Okay. Also, in like, two weeks, I have my musical."

"Melina, call Yelena."

"I can't. You have my phone-"

"We go to dinner with the family of our youngest's boyfriend. Make sure they plan no kids."

"She can't have kids, tupitsa. She doesn't have-"

"Oh, right, right. But, please, don't say it. We go over and make sure he is not bitch boy."

"I'm hanging up."

"My daughter, nO-"

Grayson Residence

Emma knocks at the front door of the Grayson's home. Melina and Alexei behind her as Yelena couldn't make it. Something about forming a group called the Thunderbolts or something.

When the door opens, Mark gives Emma the biggest and happiest grin a man in love could give. Emma smiled back, softly as she felt canaries singing her stomach. Out with the butterflies, in with the canaries, I guess.

Nolan and Alexei shook hands, gripping onto each other with a firm grip, both their eyes narrow as they stared each down before apologizing as Debbie and Melina told them to quit it. Melina then turns to Debbie and reveals to her the dessert she brought, medovik. A popular dessert in the countries of the former Soviet Union.

...

"I know I can take Machine Head." Mark says at dinner, Emma sat next to him, across was Debbie and Melina, then at each end of the table was Nolan and Alexei. "He's just a criminal with a... special head, but he does have this right-hand man- uh, Iso... Isotope or something, I don't know- who can teleport him away if I'm not careful."