White Sheep

Raven, Mal, and Hartley used their powers to try to break out of the dungeon. But, much to their chagrin, they were unsuccessful.

They even combined their magic, as they had before, to trap the White Queen, but to no avail.

Evie tried to pick the lock, however her hair pin magically turned to ash in her fingers.

"Pulled out all the stops on this one, huh Daddy?" Raven muttered, aloud.

"So, what? He spelled the whole damn thing?" Jay demanded, in frustration.

"Looks like it." Raven answered.

"Now what, Sprite? We're stuck here forever?" Doug inquired, nervously.

"No." Raven chuckled, darkly. "No, he'll let us out eventually. He's much too theatrical to end everything on such a simple note."

"We can't just give him all the control. There's so much power in this room. He's just a man!" Devante argued.

"And, a fairy..." Doug corrected.

"Princess Raven?" Devante addressed her.

"Oh, don't call her that, man. She hates that." Doug piped up, sincerely.

"No, Doug. That's like...his thing. It's...it's fine." She conceded, calmly continuing to search the room for ways to escape.

Doug and Carlos gave each other pointed looks. They'd both been chastised many times for calling her, Princess.

"As, I was saying..." Devante continued, "Are you not also a fairy, as is Lady Mal?"

"Yeah, but it's different. He's had eons of experience practicing spells. I've only cast a few, and with Mal's help." Raven explained.

"We also need to be able to access the magic to do it. But, he's blocking it all." Mal added.

"What about natural magic?" Devante suggested.

"Oh, not this again!" Doug groaned. "My girlfriend isn't making out with anyone else!"

Devante turned to Doug with confusion on his face, and stammered awkwardly,

"I meant from elements and herbs and...I...I would never suggest..."

"It's alright, Tae." Ben stepped in. "Doug's just a little sensitive, and a bit traumatized by something that happened before..."

"A bit?" Doug paroted, in a dramatic tone.

Evie placed her hand on Doug's cheek.
"Hey. It was just a means to an end." She spoke softly.

"And, what about the sleeping draughts and poison apples? Or, the pixie dust?" Doug challenged.

"Pixie dust?" Raven demanded.

"Yeah, Raven. I...I stole some. From your mother's house." Evie admitted, shamefully.

"After she..." Doug began angerly, before holding back his harsh words.

"I just wanted to help." Evie shrunk back at his tone.

"I see..." Sighed Raven.

"And, those were the only recourses you had? Your only choice was to use evil means?" Doug clapped back.

"Hey! Don't come at her like that, man." Jay intervened, at the sight of his sister's startled expression.

"Doug, stop. I'm not upset that she took it." Raven defended her. "Evie, I know you well enough to know that if you stole it from her house, you probably felt like it for the greater good." Raven looked down sadly, "I mean... it's not like she needs it anymore."