Chapter 13: After a year ...

"How long have you been here?"

Gun, who had just checked Nunew's condition, then stepped closer to Zee who was sitting on a chair outside Nunew's room while Cooheart was accompanying Nunew inside. The news that Nunew had woken up from the coma was very shocking, but at the same time, they were always grateful.

Zee lifted his head and looked at Gun's face next to him.
Zee: I came here by this morning because I wanna see him before I go back to Dubai.
Gun: I see ... luckily it was me and Cooheart who know about this. If Nunew's father knows, I can't help you. He strictly didn't let people come to meet his son for now.
Zee: I'm sorry. I just want to see him.
Gun: It's okay. I'm not gonna tell his father.
Zee: Thank you. By the way, how was his condition ?

Gun take a deep sighed.
Gun: His condition is still weak because he's been in coma for a year. His body need to gain more energy since his body did not move at all throughout the coma. Doctor said he need to adapt himself. Plus, he didn't remember anything. 
Zee: I see ... 
Gun: Actually, I'm wondering something. Who are you actually ? I mean what is the relationship between the both of you ?
Zee: As what I said before ... I'm the son of the victim in that accident. 
Gun: No ... there is something that I didn't know.

Zee looked at Gun and said, "I was his one-night-stand partner a year ago."

Gun: What ?
Zee: We met at Pentagon and I was a part-timer at that time. 
Gun: So, you are the one who having a crush on him all this time ?
Zee: How did you know ?
Gun: He told me about you.
Zee: Yes ... I do have crush on him. 
Gun: Is it just a crush or ... ?
Zee: I love him.
Gun: WHAT ?
Zee: I know this doesn't make sense but I have been crushing on him a month before we met at that night. We had our one-night-stand and didn't realized that I feel harder as I devour him.
Gun: Oh wow ...
Zee: Why ?
Gun: You know what ? He never stay with just one guy. 
Zee: I know.
Gun: Yet you still want him ?
Zee: Because I know he want me too.
Gun: So confident of you, Zee.
Zee: His body language told me. 

Gun sighed and leaned back in the chair.
Gun: Before you arrived, someone tried to kill Nunew while he was in a coma.
Zee: What ? How ?
Gun: There is CCTV that captures a man wearing a mask breaking into Nunew's treatment room. In the recording, the man is seen as if he wants to remove the breathing aid from Nunew. That's why, his condition is critical. Fortunately, a cleaner went inside and saw the incident.
Zee: But, why they target him instead of his father ?
Gun: This is their trick.
Zee: ...
Gun: Nunew is the only child in the Perpiriyawoong family, and he is the heir of their family. His father loves Nunew very much, and that is his father's weakness. A touch that hurts his son will cause his father to do something unexpected. Because of this, many people wanted to hurt Nunew, but they also failed. However, his father could not always take care of Nunew as he is now. His father is getting older.
Zee: They are rich family. Why they didn't take someone as his personal bodyguard ?
Gun: It doesn't work.
Zee: What do you mean ?
Gun: His father has looked for a bodyguard for him but unfortunately Nunew doesn't like it because he want a free life. 
Zee: I see ... I didn't expect their life is being threaten like this.
Gun: Well ...  People are envious of someone's success. You know right that their family has 4 resorts in Thailand?
Zee: I know.
Gun: Their family businesses are very big and have a strong influence on our country to the point that other people's businesses start to sink. Because of this, they want to bring down their family.

"Excuse me ... but is Mr Gun here ?"

Gun then raised his head as soon as he heard the nurse calling his name.
Gun: I'm Gun. 
Nurse: Mr Nunew is waiting for you.
Gun: Oh ... really ?
Nurse: Yeah.
Gun: Okay ... I'll be right there. Thanks, miss.
Nurse: Most welcome.

Without wasting time, the nurse then stepped away from the room. Gun turned to Zee and he got up from his chair.
Gun: Wanna come to see him ?
Zee: No, it's okay. Let his mind rest. He must be have lots of thing to remember. He didn't even remember his own name. 
Gun: What do you mean ?
Zee: I'm afraid if he sees me again, there will be many questions in his mind and it might make him stressed. Let him remember what's right before he remembers who I am.
Gun: Are you sure ?
Zee: Yes ... I am sure.
Gun: By the way, you will be back to Dubai tonight ... right ?
Zee: As what I planned.
Gun: Okay ... take care and see you again in the future.
Zee: Okay. Please take care of him.
Gun: Don't worry. I will.

Zee got up from the chair and started to walk out of the room but suddenly Gun called out to him. Zee stopped walking and turned back.
Zee: Yes ?
Gun: Are you sure you want to leave ? You didn't want to take this as a chance to approach him ? You do love him, right ?
Zee: I'm so sorry but I really have to leave.
Gun: I will take that as an answer. 
Zee: Maybe ?
Gun: Okay, then. Have a safe journey.
Zee: Thank you, Gun.

Zee then left the place. Gun stepped into the room and approached Nunew's bed. He saw Nunew talking to Cooheart. Nunew raised his head and looked at Gun. Gun gave his sweet smile to Nunew.
Gun: How you feel right now ? Better ?
Nunew: I'm okay but I still can't remember anything.
Gun: It's okay. Take it slow. Please don't force yourself. You might be stress.
Nunew: No, I'm not. By the way ...
Gun: Yes ?

Nunew looked into Gun's eyes and asked, " ... where is that handsome guy just now ? The one that I saw as soon as I woke up from coma. Where is he ? Why I feel like I'm close to him ?"

Zee's POV:

Zee was sitting in the main lobby of the Bangkok hospital looking around. At that time many people came to visit the hospital. Zee sat while waiting for Bboun's arrival because just now they promised to meet for a while before going to the airport. 

Zee waited for a long time but he saw no signs of Bboun coming. Without wasting time, he then took his phone and opened the Line application.

 Without wasting time, he then took his phone and opened the Line application

Without wasting time, Zee got up. He wanted to buy coffee at the hospital cafe. He started walking without looking ahead because he was engrossed in his phone. While walking, he suddenly bumped into someone.

"Excuse me but please be careful next time."

Zee heard someone's voice and raised his head. He was very surprised as soon as he saw the old man who was standing in front of him looking at him. Nunew's father ? Zee then bowed his head slightly and apologized.

"Wait ... I know you."

Author's note: How was this part ? Did you guys enjoy it ? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!! Thank you !!!