My Problem

Nick and AJ looked at each other, fear in their eyes "But I thought that we were ok, as long as..." Nick trailed off.

"I'm sorry, but I have to take you in. You wouldn't happen to know where your other two band mates are?" The officer said, taking out his hand cuffs.

"No, actually we..." he looked at Nick for reassurance, "We don't know, one is on the road, I don't think his phone is working anymore. As for Brian, we haven't heard from him." AJ sighed with frustration. This was not happening to him, he was a Backstreet Boy damn it. Why should they pay for the irresponsibility of the accountant.

"Well I just hope you're not lying Mr. Mclean. Now if I can please..." he lifted the cuffs.

"Do you really have to put those on us, I mean we are going willingly. Please let us at least keep some type of dignity." AJ huffed.

The officers looked at each other "That is fine, let's go. You get one phone call, once we book you.

Both men flinched at the word 'book' "I guess this means you didn't find our accountant." the officer nodded "He's probably somewhere in Cancun, scarfing down shrimp and getting loaded on Margaritas. Asshole." Nick complained.

They were escorted to the police car "Shit!" AJ muttered "I forgot to take the nail polish off" Nick began to laugh out loud. "Not funny I'm going to become someone's bitch" AJ's eyes widened.

The rain had subsided and all that was left were puddles of water adorning the city. "Let's go this way. I see a hotel from here" Millie said, beginning to walk.

"Yeah but there is a motel right down there, without having to go through all those puddles." he suggested walking the other way.

She sighed heavily, this man was just stubborn. "Look, it's between having two different rooms with a cheap motel or sharing a room again in a nice place. I would rather a nice place, Super 8 smells like old people."

Howie chuckled, "Fine, I actually like that idea." they walked, and walked until they stood in front of the Sheraton. "Ok...let's cross" the twosome stopped to let a big truck go by, before crossing. The truck was going so fast, that as it passed them it hit the puddle in front of them soaking them with dirty water.

Millie's mouth flew open as she felt the coldness and the bitter taste of water in her mouth "I can't believe it. That asshole did that on purpose!" she made her hands into a fist and began to hop around like a bunny with rabies.

"Would you calm down? We are here, you can take a shower and put some clean clothes on." he grabbed her hand and crossed the street. They entered the nice hotel, a shade of red covering their cheeks as the people stared at them. Howie ignored the looks and proceeded to request a room.

"Don't you ever get mad...explode?" she waited for his answer, her hands holding the dress.

"I do...just not...often." The twosome were uncomfortable with their appearance and felt like the woman was taking forever. "Ok, Mr. Dorough...which I must say I'm a big fan of the Backstreet Boys" her eyes glistened as she stared at him, making Millie chuckle.

He shook his head. "Oh that's great." He looked at the badge on her coat "Thank you Angel!" he responded politely, wanting to snatch the key from her.

"I must say that you are as cute in person as you are on TV." she smiled innocently.

Howie just nodded, thanked the woman and they headed up to their room. Once there they flipped a coin to see who would shower first. "Yes I won...see ya" she smacked him with the towel and headed off to the bathroom.

Howie took a warm shower, his road trip was a disaster so far. He couldn't really blame AJ or Millie. He blamed himself for being a pushover. Quickly he dried off, changed and laid on his bed.