14.: Childhood

playιng: [Moral Of The Story] - [Ashe]

1:35 ──────ㅇ───────── 3:47

--- ---

╰┈➤ ❝ [POV Neteyam] ❞ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

WHEN I WAS A CHILD my parents taught me much about Love and how they met. About hunting and Skypeople. Most of the time I played with my siblings but only when Eyktan wasn't with me. I can remember the day we sat at the river playing with the fish.

"I got one Neteyam!" "Me too!" We always laughed so much. At this time I knew Yu'kiya existed. Sometimes I looked at her, sometimes I asked Eyktan about her and if she wants to play with us but he never asked her. I did this because I wanted to be nice.

Sadly I was really shy when it came to girls. I always thought she was pretty. She never talked to me when I was at Eyktans place or when she visited us with her father. I sometimes asked Dad how Lyk and him became good friends. He never told me.

I don't know if he just didn't wanted to or if it triggered something in him. "Dad? Can you tell me how you and Lyk got Friends?" He always told me "Maybe later."

And Eyktan? I grew up with him. I was at least 2 months older than him but he never acted like a little kid. Sometimes he did but he never was a child Like Tuk or Lo'ak. Making trouble or beeing loud. He hunted. Everything we did was hunting with our fathers and talking about becoming great warriors.

"Eyktan!" His father put him down. "Neteyam!" I can remember the times where he took Yu'kiyas hand and ran with her to me. Sometimes when he liked playing with her he took her everywhere. Even if Nikti wanted to play with her we just took her with us. Still she didn't talk when I was near her.

She made finger signs or nodded when we asked her something. Back than I thought she was voiceless or at least lost her voice.

And then we had our Iknimaya ritual. I was the first one of us to tame my Ikran, Tìrolyayo. Eyktan followed behind with Irrtok. I was 13 to 14 at that time and as all of us know this is the time were you reach puberty and get interested in girls, your body develops and grows. Also the bodys of the girls.

After Eyktan and I passed the ritual and got home from our first flight I... fell in love. With Yu'kiya. The last time I have seen her was when we were 8 I guess or 10.

I landed with my Ikran and felt a weird feeling the moment she ran up to Eyktan hugging him. It was the first time I really saw her face to face in the last 6-4 years. Her body looked different more grown I would say. And she looked even prettier than ever. Her little fins looked even more gorgeous on her. She did something with me. Expecially because she was only nice to Nikti and Eyktan. She wasn't as bad to me as to the others but her mean and unbreakable nature attracted me.