Chapter 07

"I don't understand why you can't just prescribe the antidepressants

"I don't understand why you can't just prescribe the antidepressants. You keep saying that I have postpartum, so what are you gonna do to fix it?" Kasie frowned looking at Dr. Webster.

"We can solve this through other routes. Medication doesn't always have to be the answer, Mrs. Tatum." Dr. Webster spoke.

"I don't want any other method, because clearly they aren't working. I want the medication, now." Kasie spoke sternly. "I want a diagnosis and I want the medication." She clarified.

"Well, in that case." Dr. Webster started. "I believe that you don't truly have postpartum, I do believe that your body is still trying to regulate due to giving birth to your son." He concluded.

"Excuse me?" Kasie looked at him like he was crazy. To Kasie, she felt as though he was trying to play with her life and she didn't appreciate it at all. Her life and well-being weren't anything to joke around with and Dr. Rome Webster was clearly trying to.

"That's my diagnosis, Mrs. Tatum." Dr. Webster wrote it down on his notepad.

Laughing bitterly, Kasie stood from the chair, grabbing her things. "I'm gonna make sure you get your license taken from you. You don't deserve to be in this position if all you're going to do is abuse your power. You're sick." She shook her head as she stormed out of his office.

Getting in her car, Kasie counted to ten to regulate her breathing and calm her nerves before calling her mother.

"Yes, my favorite baby?" Chasidy answered with a smile on her face.

"Mommy." Kasie pouted, feeling her emotions ready to pour out of her like a fire hydrant.

"What's wrong?" Chasidy asked, sitting up in her chair immediately, and pressing the FaceTime button.

"He's playing with me." Kasie sniffed, trying to fight the tears that wanted to stream down her face. "He won't diagnose me with PPD and won't give me the medication."

"What?" Chasidy frowned. She knew for a fact that Kasie had PPD and Dr. Harvey had even confirmed it, but unfortunately, it was an unofficial diagnosis that hadn't been documented so there couldn't be any medication issued for Kasie.

"I know." Kasie cried. "It's like he wants to watch me struggle or something. He keeps saying I should go on walks and dates when I already do that stuff in my day-to-day life and none of that is helping. He's checked everything off of the list and just refuses to give me the medicine."

"I don't want to live like this forever. This shit hurts man." Kasie cried out, trying to keep herself under control so she didn't have an anxiety attack. Her anxiety and panic attacks had become more and more frequent since her emotions were so out of wack.

"I know baby." Chasidy sighed. "I'm going to get everything straightened out for you, okay? I'm going to get you your medicine to help you get better okay? Don't worry about it, baby." She assured.