Chapter 09 (Finale)

After a hard three months of Kasie taking her postpartum depression head on, she was finally able to switch Doctors and get antidepressant mediciation provided to her

After a hard three months of Kasie taking her postpartum depression head on, she was finally able to switch Doctors and get antidepressant mediciation provided to her. From there, her life had been completely up hill.

Kasie didn't realize just how much her mood and energy was being affected by her PPD until she started taking the medication and she could see a clear difference within herself during the first couple weeks of her taking it.

It had now been a two months since she got onto the medication and she felt more alive than she did before in her six month struggle. She was set to be on the antidepressants for another month, which would make three months on the medication with her having a check-in appointment each month to ensure that she was getting along smoothly.

Kasie couldn't picture herself living a better life than she currently was. Everything was falling into place wonderfully and she couldn't be more blessed to have the positive energy that surrounded her keeping her strong.

Deuce was now 9-years-old, his birthday just passing back in December where he had a Batman themed birthday party with all of his friends from school.

Kaoir was coming up on his 2nd birthday on May 23rd, so in just a little less than a month.

Kalix was now eight months old, going on nine and he was just a busy body, always getting into something. Kalix loved to climb things he wasn't supposed to, and had been teasing the walking line since he turned seven months.

Sitting at home in her office, Kasie worked on planning their family vacation that would be either set in June or May depending on when the Celtics finished their season. The playoff compoteition had been coming in hot this year, but the Celtics as always stood a good chance and put up a good fight.

Today however was one of their off days meaning Jayson wanted to spend time with his wife and sons that he'd been missing out on due to his back-to-back schedule.

"Baby!" Jayson called out to Kasie before walking into her office with all of their kids trailing in after him.

"Yes?" Kasie asked, glancing up at them with a smile on her face. She had such a beautiful family. "I'm almost finished working and then I'll be all yours." She spoke.

"Okay. What do you want for dinner?" Jayson asked, sitting in the chair across from her desk as his boys went to their mother. Kasie picked Kalix up, adjusting him in her lap as Kaoir sat on her other leg and Deuce took an empty spot on her desk.

"You're cooking?" Kasie asked with a questioning face. Jayson didn't cook often, if at all.

"Don't look at me like that. You know I can chef it up in the kitchen." Jayson smacked his teeth, waving her off.

"Yeah, but you haven't cooked since like, last year. You really think I trust you in the kitchen?" Kasie tilted her head at him, speaking to him teasingly.