Chapter 08

"Are you coming to my game tonight?" Jayson asked as he sat on the edge of their bed in nothing but his boxers and a pair of NIKE socks

The Tatums' were currently getting ready to make their way to TD Garden. The Celtics would be playing the Lakers on Thanksgiving Day, meaning Jayson would miss his family's actual Thanksgiving dinner, but luckily they did something together the day prior.

The Tatum's family was downstairs, setting up for the dinner in their home since it had the most space.

"Yeah." Kasie nodded, speaking from the bathroom. "The boys aren't coming though. They're gonna stay here with their grandparents and eat with the family and we're gonna go get dinner together later tonight."

"Where?" Jayson furrowed his eyebrows. This was the first he was hearing of this and he was definitely intrigued.

"Y'all see when we get there." Kasie shrugged, finishing up in the bathroom and turning off the light, then making her way into their walk-in closet. Jayson stood from the bed, going to stand at the door frame of their closet.

"What you got up your sleeve, lil mama?" Jayson asked, admiring his wife as she looked through her clothes.

"We haven't been on the same page lately, and I take feel accountability for my role in that." Kasie turned to him and sighed. "I don't want to feel like we're at odds with each other anymore, papa. I just want to get back on the same page again, you know? I know it's been hard dealing with all my different emotions but I promise that I'm trying to get everything sorted out, okay?" She looked at her husband as she spoke and Jayson walked closer to her.

"I know, baby." Jayson sighed, putting his forehead against hers. "I wish you didn't have to go through all of this, but you're fighting your way out, mama, and I'm so fucking proud of you. You're one of the strongest women I know and I'd go through hell on Earth to be with you, so this lil bump in the road ain't got shit on us." He kissed her lips softly.

"I just want you to talk to me. I know sometimes I don't communicate well, but even if we're arguing, we're still communicating, you know? I mean, I'd rather not argue with you, because I hate it when you're mad at me, but, if that's the only way we can communicate with each other, than that's just what it'll have to be." Jayson shrugged.

"I got you forever. You remember my vows?" Jayson asked, smiling down at Kasie as a blush and smile rose on her cheeks.

"Yeah." Kasie spoke softly, nodding her head as she looked up at him.

"Tell me." Jayson nodded to her, wanting to see if she really remembered what he told her at the alter only a little over a year ago when they had their official ceremony in September of last year, although they had now been married for going on two years since they signed the court documents in December 2023.

"I love you. Even when times get rough, my love for you is unwavering. I vow to be the man you deserve; the man that protects your heart and mind; the man that provides you shelter on rainy day; and the man that will love you forever. I vow to be the man that you have slowly crafted me to be. With my heart and each beat it holds, I'll remind you that you're not alone in this journey, our journey of life. As we walk through life together and expand our family, we'll create a love story that withstands the tests of time. I vow to be yours, completely and eternally, until God calls us home. And even then, I'll make sure to meet you in another life and love you forever, all over again." Kasie recited and Jayson joined her.