Uneasiness

Meanwhile, in N city, Jessica gave a long yawn as she stepped out of the changing room clad in her casual outfit. " Finally I can get a shut eye." As she stepped out of NICS's gate, a man flopped down by her side. " Hey! Hey are you alright?!" She asked kneeling down to help him. The man grasped her arm tightly as though it was a rope of hope.

" He...lp..."

" Hang in there, I will get an ambulance," she said reaching inside her bag to retrieve her CCM.

" He's coming after me... he won't leave me alone... help me... arrest me!"

" Huh?!" She was taken aback as the man grasped her arms violently it was hurting her. " Slow down!"

" You're a Fire Sweet member! Arrest me! Protect me from him!" He shouted madly his eyes almost bulging out and his spit raining on her.

" Let go of her!" Jack came from behind him, tackling him away from the woman and flunging him on the light pole. " Are you alright?"

" A...ah... that was rather unexpected," she said taking Jack's hand to stand up and looking down at her assaulter.

" What did he want from you?"

Jessica looked back at the man, on second look, he didn't seem any older than Jack, with black messy mopped hair and a bristly beard. He clutched his head, muttering quickly to himself. " He's after me... he's after me... he won't let me live..."

" He... wanted to be arrested."

" What? What's wrong with him?" Jack gave the man a wary look. He then lunged back on the duo, holding onto Jack's leg.

" Please... arrest me... it was me... it was me..." he suddenly broke into tears. " It was me who revived him..."

Jessica and Jack's eyes narrowed as they looked down at him before they swapped meaningful looks.

***

The hours of waiting weighed heavily on all of them, but not as much as Eva and Mirai. Apparently, everyone agreed that waiting for Naoki's contact would feel less stressful if they stayed around at Jin's place, so they invited themselves.

Elie embarked again on baking her pie, this time with Jiiya's help. Eva shut herself in her room, saying she had some work she needed to do. Hiro managed to find a console and some video games so he made himself at home and started playing. Jin and Ban did the only thing that helped always take their minds off, battle.

Mirai and Kirito settled in the living room, taking turns playing against Hiro, but there was a cold silence between them. After two rounds, Hiro was feeling awkward he had to excuse himself saying he needed some sleep after staying up late. Now all that was left in the living was Kirito, Mirai and the two remote controls.

Not wanting things to get any worse, Kirito attempted to leave too only for one of the remotes to be thrown in his direction. " Why don't play a round with me? Or are you feeling scared?" Her scorn-laced words didn't settle well with Kirito so he sat by her side and the game began. It was your basic one-on-one fight. As they began, Mirai chanced a glance at Kirito. " I thought you cared about Eva more than to let her act recklessly. Why didn't you tell anyone about it? You know very well she is in the wrong here."

Kirito clicked his tongue at that. " I made a promise, and frankly speaking Eva's trust in us is quite fragile these few years."

As Mirai's avatar swept the feet of Kirito's from under him, her eyes narrowed. " I understand. There is no way she could just not be angry. But..."

" It's as she said." Kirito's warrior made a comeback and punched the other character in the face. " We have no proof that it's him who is behind all of this."