What she wanted to do

" Can't we at least talk about this?" Kousuke tried to get through to the blonde woman despite her not sparing him the slightest glance. She was focused on her own work.

" There is nothing to talk about. I told you from the start that if things reached this far I'm going to move." She stood up from her chair, cradling a certain device akin to futuristic goggles.

Kousuke bit on his lip as she turned around to walk away only for him to block her way. " Move." His look held hers, still, he didn't budge an inch. He instead folded his arms in front of his chest, his tall frame towering over her.

" What if I say no? What if I tell you I'm not giving you access to the computer to do what you're planning to do?"

" Are you threatening me?"

" I'm just stating facts here. I'm the owner of Kamiya Crafts, and I'm allowed to do what I want in here."

Eva's eyes then flashed dangerously at him he almost had to gulp down. " I want to remind you that I don't need your permission to access your mainframe, I can control this whole building with a simple touch. I'm just being polite here. Whether you like it or not, I'm borrowing your computer." Seeing his lack of response, she promptly brushed past him.

Kousuke pursed his lips into a thin line at the sound of the door swooshing open before the words stuck in his throat finally spilled out. " Why can't you ask us for help? Why can't you trust us? Evangeline!" He shot his head back at her, staring at her back as she halted by the threshold.

" I can't trust you. Not when it comes to Mizel. So I'm doing this on my own."

" Oh no, you're not." A voice caught them by surprise. Mirai was leading the rest of their friends up to them. 

" What in the world is your security doing Kousuke?" Eva grumbled seeing all of them walking up to her. Mirai stood right before her, her eyes fell on the device in the blond's hand momentarily then back to the red eyes.

" You want to face him on your own?"

" Is it wrong that I want to stop him before any casualties happen?" She answered with a question of her own.

" Is that what you really want?"

" Move aside, Mirai."

The blunette ignored her. " Is this your answer?"

" I said move aside!" She shouted out, trying to dart past her but the older woman stood in her way.

" Not a chance. You're not doing this on your own. Mizel is important to all of us. And you're not his only sibling you know."

" Then why didn't you stop it?!" She cried out, her bangs covering her eyes as she held the gadget tightly, almost hugging it. " Why did you allow them to take him away? Why didn't you say a word to us?" Her eyes shot back at the brown ones, burning with anger and fury. " Why didn't you protect him? He was supposed to be your sibling too!"

Mirai's lips pursed into a thin line, remembering their last interaction. " I don't need your help! I will stop Mizel on my own! You just can sit back and watch it like years ago!"

" Hold on, that's going too far!" Just as Kirito stepped up to face her, a snap resounded through the room. When Mirai came to, she realized her hand was held high and Eva's cheek was glowing red.

" That's right... I made a mistake years ago..."

" I will be waiting for your return."

As she ground her teeth, a tear fell down her cheek. " I should have insisted, I should have put more feelings into those words, maybe they would have convinced him then. Maybe they would have reached. But I didn't. And I still regret it to this moment!" Eva looked up at her in puzzlement, trying to make sense of what she was saying.