Last Re:Arise

It was a funny experience, falling down in that dark space, watching as all of his body turned into bits, losing his senses and even himself in the process. He couldn't speak, he couldn't even think, he had no awareness of himself. Just, a warm and calm feeling. That was the last thing he remembered.

But then, things were different. He could think, he was thinking at the very moment. He's aware he existed, there was no doubt he did. And certainly, he knew who he was.

Yet that was the question. How? He shouldn't be able to do any of that. He was nothing but a stream of zeros and ones wandering the endless space of the infinity net. Was he not?

As he asked the question, a light appeared in the darkness, and voices whispered to him. They were very weak, barely audible. And they were calling his name.

" Mizel... can you hear me?"

The light then turned into an image, one that was blurry. The voices were getting louder as he adjusted his sensors.

" Mizel?"

By his sides, he could finally see them, both Mirai and Eva looked down at him longly. It took a moment for him to process it before he looked around him.

They were in a LAB. William and Haruka were sitting down by a computer not far from them. " How are you feeling? Anything wrong with your sensors?" The woman asked.

Mizel looked at her and then down at his own hands, clenching and unclenching them to make sure they were really his.

" He's not responding? You think something is broken?" Eva turned back to the older blond to confirm it.

" It's just..." Mizel spoke for the first time in, he didn't even know. There was a lot he was missing on. " What happened?"

" Okay, don't freak out. You remember the fight with Black Mizel, right?"

The boy nodded.

" Well, that was three months ago."

" Huh? Huh!!" He definitely didn't think it had been that long since the fight. He had a feeling it was just a few moments ago.

" But... I should have..."

" You should have been deleted forever when that server failed," Haruka told him.

" But as you can see, miracles happen in this world and you're still alive." William smiled

" And how exactly?"

Mirai and Eva looked at each other. " Well..."

***

Three months ago

Eva hit the keyboard hard, large droplets falling down her eyes. Her brother was dissolving before her and she could do nothing. Absolutely nothing to spare his life. There was no difference from years ago.

Everyone else wore bitter expressions on their faces at their inability to neither comfort her, nor lend a hand.

It was then that her CCM buzzed in her pocket. Taking it out, she was stunned to see Minerva's mark on her screen again. Everyone else got their CCMs out, even William and Haruka had their phones.

" My last part will be deleted soon. I no longer can do anything from here. But with your help, Mizel could be saved."

" Huh?" Eva questioned.

It wasn't just them, all around the world, everyone had the same symbol staring at them from their own screens.

" Humans, would you be willing to give a second chance?" A 'yes' and 'no' buttons appeared before them.