ten

Robyn made her way back to her apartment, on the phone with Bailey the entire journey. She couldn't stop thinking how perfect things went. She felt a little embarrassed when she thought back to the many mini freak outs she had, the defensive mechanism still taking over. She felt herself fall into slightly bad habits but, luckily Damien tried his best to get her out of them. He really had no idea how much those small details added up for her. Robyn had found herself distracted, thinking through more moments from the meal. Bailey had taken the time to talk about more ideas she had for her content and trying to convince Robyn to join her for more videos, completely aware that Robyn had stopped listening five minutes prior.

"Oh fuck," was all Bailey needed to declare to pull Robyn to reality. "Oh fuck, fuck, fuck."

"Well that sounds good," Robyn giggled, trying to find a light side. She continued to walk, knowing she was only 5 minutes away from their apartment.

"Please don't get angry..." Bailey, now sounded further away from her phone. Her voice almost like a whisper.

"I don't think I could possibly be angry right now," Robyn replied, her energy still very high and positive. "What have you done silly?"

"Oh no, not me... but those internet crazies," as soon as the words escaped Bailey's mouth, Robyn felt her phone continuously vibrate, notification after notification. She felt her heart stop, along with her feet. She found herself stopped still in the darkness around the corner from her home.

"What?" Robyn was too stunned to even check her phone. Her body refusing to move. "I don't..."

"Just get home, we can talk when I see you. Please. You must be nearly here..." Bailey couldn't bear to think of how Robyn would react. It wasn't that Robyn hid herself from being online, she quite enjoyed actively tweeting and sharing the good parts of her life. Following her last relationship, she found it hard to be public again. She would sometimes feature on Bailey's tiktok videos and was often seen on her instagram when they posed together. It had taken a while for Robyn to learn to love herself again and feel comfortable in her skin, something she still wasn't 100% with but she was making progress. Damien helped with that, without even being aware. He kept her head up, he helped her focus on being happy. He was a positive influence. Bailey and her family had taken Robyn in with open arms as well. She was finally feeling a truly positive family bond.

"I'm.. I'm in the lobby." Robyn replied, before walking up the stairs to their apartment. She found herself clutching Damien's jacket tightly as she made her way to the door. Bailey was stood waiting, door open and glass in hand. She knew that Robyn would need some water and a hug before they could even begin speaking the unspeakable.

A few moments passed as Robyn eventually sat on the couch, not wanting to look at her phone as it continually buzzed next to her. Her soul cracking with every vibration.

"How bad?" Robyn rose her head to lock eyes with her best friend. "Is it England bad?"

"No, god no." Bailey defended quickly. "You might just want to avoid social media for a little while."

"The fuck does that mean?" Bailey stayed quiet, not knowing how to began explaining. "Bailey!" Robyn bellowed, her anger rising in her chest.

"I think Damien might be... well, a little bit more well-known than we thought." Bailey mumbled. "In fact, he definitely is."

"This is an issue because?" Robyn could feel the rage build but confusion soon became the main feature on her face.

"There's a photo," Bailey pauses. "A photo of you two. It looks like a fan of his saw you both, I'm not sure. Well, there's a few photos and I mean, his fans have kind of blown it all up."