Bonfire Night (Dad Van)

AN: Sorry this is a bit late, wanted to get it posted on 5th November x
What could possibly go wrong when dad Van organises a bonfire party and firework display!

AN: Sorry this is a bit late, wanted to get it posted on 5th November xWhat could possibly go wrong when dad Van organises a bonfire party and firework display!

💥 It's a family tradition that you visit a local fireworks display every year on Bonfire Night, you've been doing it every year since Grace was born.

💥 This year however, Van decides that you should change things up. "Reckon we could put on just as a good a display at home. What d'ya reckon love?"

💥 "I don't know about that..." you scrunch up your face in disagreement. "Fireworks cost a fortune and at least it's safe for the kids going to a public one."

💥 "I can do safe!" He argues whilst you scoff and remind him why you've got a mini fire extinguisher under your kitchen sink. You purchased it after he'd nearly set your stove on fire the year before in an unfortunate egg frying incident.

💥 "Go on love, I'll make it really special... and extra-safe, I promise ya! It'll be bigger and better than that boring display we usually go to... and the neighbour's one too."

💥 That explains things.

💥 "Oh right, that's what it is then is it? You're in competition with next-door again are you?" You smirk at him teasingly whilst he hotly protests.

💥 "Nah it's not that I swear! But ya know, Craig was going on about buying this 40 shot exploding rocket thing online for a hundred quid. He says it's even better than the biggest ones at the display. Dead smug about it he was!"

💥 You roll your eyes but there's little point in trying to argue with Van. He's so stubborn when he gets an idea in his head it's pointless trying to talk him out of it.

💥 Your kids are beyond excited about the bonfire party, and Van's been hyping it up at every chance he gets. Larry's involved now too which raises concerns but you decide to give the lads the benefit of the doubt.

💥 "Daddy says we're going to have bigger rockets than NASA!" Grace squeals with excitement to anyone who'll listen. Before you know it all the mums on the school playground are sidling up to you, fishing for an invite. It's the talk of the town in no time.

💥 "Van... please tell me you're only buying fireworks that are suitable to use in a back garden," you worry as Van quickly snaps the laptop shut as you try to peer at the screen to see what he's purchasing.

💥 "Don't worry babe, it's all under control," he replies, but you don't miss the shifty glances him and Larry exchange.

💥 "I've got loads of experience Y/N," Larry pipes up. "Steve even put me in charge of health and safety on the last tour."

💥 This does absolutely nothing to quell your anxieties.

💥 "Daddy go BOOM!" Leo giggles, clapping his hands in delight as Van jumps up on the sofa, riling up the kids even further.