All Of Your Children (Part 4)

Part 4 - The First Scan

"Am I getting bigger?"

You peer down at your underwear clad figure, your hands clasped around your abdomen, kneading the skin there.

"Nah, there's nothing on ya," your boyfriend says, glancing up from his task of buttoning up his shirt before his head drops down again. "Definitely can't tell yet."

You frown at your reflection, tilting your body slightly to the side to get a different angle but your stomach still looks flat. It strikes you then that six months ago when the thought of parenthood wasn't even on your radar you'd have been pleased to see your svelte figure looking back at you, but now all you want to see is that tell-tale bump.

"I'm really surprised I'm not showing," you mutter to yourself, reaching across the bed to your jeans which you step into and fasten up. "I might not look it but I feel so bloated. Ughhh I feel horrible, like I've got constant PMS. I'm fed up of feeling sick all the time, I'm constantly dashing off to the loo, my boobs feel sore..."

You reach up to run your hands over the cups of your bra, pulling a face at your reflection, wondering when the pregnancy 'glow' that you've read about online starts to kick in.

"Hey come on now, it's not all bad," Van says as he moves towards you, finishing fastening the last button on his shirt.

"Feels like it..."

"Well your boobs have definitely grown!" Van chuckles as he comes to a stop behind you, peering over your shoulder, looking at your reflection appreciatively. "That's a positive!"

You smirk at his goofy expression, making a show of rolling your eyes. "Yeah, for you maybe!"

He slips his hands around your waist, pressing his body up against yours, nuzzling against your neck. His stubble lightly scratches your skin, the ticklish sensation making you squirm against him.

"Mmm, love you so much baby," he murmurs into your neck, kissing that sensitive spot just behind your ear that makes you squirm.

You can feel that familiar twinge of longing low down in your body but you know you can't give into temptation right now. Not today when you've got such an important appointment that very morning.

"Va-an!" You giggle, trying to twist out of his grip but he resists, holding you even tighter, his arms wrapping fully around you, his fingers curling eagerly around your hips.

"Hey... where ya going?" He whines and you laugh, still wriggling, only managing to turn around so you're facing him, looking up at him.

"We've only got an hour to get to the hospital and we can't be late. Please let's not be late, I'm nervous enough as it is and we need to find somewhere to park. You know what parking's like, it's always a nightmare to find a space at that hospital. I don't wanna be stressing today."