Chapter: 2

«The course of true love never did run smooth

«The course of true love never did run smooth.»

The next few days you felt miserable. You could hardly eat, barely sleep and in the lectures, you were more physically present than you were listening to your professor. What made the whole thing even worse was the rumour that Min Yoongi had a soulmate. 

Two girls had watched him in the library and noticed how he had writhed in pain and grabbed his chest. This was considered a clear sign and it took less than twelve hours before the first girls came to him and claimed to be his soulmate. 

The fact that they didn't know which name was on his chest didn't seem to bother them. The chance to at least guess the first name correctly seemed sufficient for such people. But you wouldn't worry about how shameless some people were. 

What worried you was the fear that he would come looking for you. He had your first and last name, and all he had to do was look around campus before he found out who you were. 

You felt like someone was standing behind you with a gun to your head. At any moment they might pull the trigger, and Min Yoongi would be standing right in front of you. 

You didn't know how, but you had to think of something to keep that from happening. For a moment you thought about transferring to another university. But you didn't want to run away either. Your father had taught you that from an early age. You had to face danger and your worst fears, no matter how painful it was. And that it was, almost unbearable.

Tired and stressed you rubbed your face and closed your eyes for a moment. The bright light of your desk lamp blinded you when you opened it again.

"Everything alright?" you heard Liv's voice behind you, who was sitting on your bed and was still absorbed in one of her thick tomes.

You needed a moment to get your thoughts in order before you answered her. "Um, sure, all good."

You heard Liv slam the book shut and saw out of the corner of your eye as she shoved it from her lap onto the bed. "It's not all good. Stop lying to me. You've been so weird these days. As if your mind was somewhere else."

Her reproachful undertone made you feel uneasy. You didn't want to lie to Liv, but you didn't want to talk about it either. 

Sighing, you turned to her on your chair. "Everything's fine, I'm just a bit stressed because of all the homework and in a few weeks the first exams will start," you tried to talk your way out of it. You hoped Liv would leave it at that.

She looked at you for a moment and seemed to estimate how honest you were. After a few seconds, she also sighed. "Well, whatever you say. But you know you can always talk to me if you want to, right?"

You nodded and forced yourself to smile as you swallowed the tears that were about to fall. Fuck, the whole topic seemed to bother you more than you thought. You quickly averted your gaze but by then the first tears were running down your cheeks.