Chapter 2

Hot shot was in Cook Children's Hospital. He was waiting for a life saving heart transplant. He was worried and wondering what was going to happen. He was also wondering when it was going to happen too. There was also a chance his might be the first heart transplant done at this hospital. The part of hospital he was in the CICU.

Hot hot was hoping for his new heart soon. He was kind of also feeling a bit guilty that some needs to die in order for him to get his new heart. "Is everything alright?" Quickshadow asked.

"I just feel kind of guilty," Hot shot said. 

"Why?" Quickshadow asked.

"Someone has to die in order for me to get my new heart," Hot shot said. "That is why feel guilty hoping for some kid my age to die so I can get their heart so I can stay alive," he said.

"Hot shot that is a normal feeling to have for that reason," Quickshadow told him.

"It is?" Hot shot asked.

"Yes it is," Quickshadow asked. "It is okay to have that feeling too," she told him. "There is no shame in having the feelings either," she assured him.

"Okay," Hot shot said. "How long do I have to stay here?" he asked.

"Hard to stay right now the doctors think it is best for you to stay here hooked up to these IVs giving you medicine and the machines checking on your heart rate and breathing," Quickshadow said. "Because there is a chance you might get much worse before your transplant," she told him.

"Well I don't like being hooked up to all of this stuff." Hot shot said. "It is weird," he said.

Then a nurse came in with some medicine. "Okay Hot shot time for some medicine," The nurse said. "This medicine is to help prepare you to be ready for your transplant when it happens, some of these medicines you will take after your transplant as well, even few you will take for the rest of your life," she told him.

"That sounds like a lot," Hot shot said.

"I know it does, but is necessary," the nurse told him. "Would you like it by cup or syringe?" she asked.

"I guess cup," Hot shot said.

The nurse poured the medicines into cups. "Okay now take them one by one," the nurse told him.

Hot shot took each medicine one by one. "Yucky," Hot shot said after he finished the last one. "That was a whole lot of yucky," he said.

"Yes the medicine is yucky, but it will help," the nurse told him. "Since you took all the medicine would you like something special to eat?" she asked.

"Can I have apple slices with peanut butter?" Hot shot asked sounding interested.

"I will see what I can do, would you like some milk with it?" nurse asked.

"Yes please," Hot shot said.

Then a bit later the nurse came back with the peanut butter with apple slices. There was even some milk too. Hot shot was happy he swirled the apple slice around in peanut butter. He was eating them with no trouble. He didn't have much of an appetite for big meals so he snacked on small snacks throughout the day.

Hot shot's parents called friends and family telling them Hot shot was in need of a heart transplant. They were all being very supportive of them. They were going to be a very big help to them.

Hot shot was hoping to feel better very soon. Hot shot saw his friends Hoist, Medix, Whirl and Wedge were also in CICU. They were all need of heart transplants too.

Hot shot was able to talk to them with the video chat on his iPad from his CICU room. It was kind of hard to leave it because he was in critical condition.