chapter 12

Sandy ended up leaving you there while you stewed in your own thoughts, fighting with your own sense of right and wrong.

Honestly, there was no one good way to go about it. The truth would cause issues now matter what told now or later. However, if it was told later then- then maybe just for a small amount of time, you could pretend to have a group of friends who cared about you while also saving your own skin.

You knew a little bit about Journey to the west, not a lot just the basics. Now that you thought about it you really should steal the book on it.

But something about when that emo monkey interacted with you it was like a live wire went off. Instincts old and forgotten unused in humans for as long as they became the dominant species in your world came to light.

Fight or flight got hit with the seldom used freeze option and you froze every time. Your new demonic instincts only adding to it telling you to not fight back because there was nothing that could be done if Macaque chose to attack you.

eventually you got to your feet bracing yourself to say another lie. After all what's another lie then just another weight that is waying you down in a way you couldn't escape. 

----

The lie had been well taken all things considered they believed you when you said you had gotten scared by some shadow that had invaded your home and your instincts made you seek out what you saw as safe. Which happened to be the noodle shop, it sucked hindsight that you ran to your place of work but at least the crew knew that Macaque was stalking you as well. 

It wasn't fun to deal with the worry even worse when you got offers to walk you back home to make sure you were safe. that wasn't something that you were ever gonna let happen anytime soon as you took a deep breath.

"I mean its not like you can pull a favor and get wukong to baby sit me right?" it had been a joke when you said it but based off the look MK got you didn't think it would be a joke for much longer.