Christmas With You

On christmas eve after their cooked dinner they go to the living room, thinking about a movie to watch. "Mh how about Kevin alone at home?" Blaine proposes and surprises Kurt "You don't like christmas movies". "But it was your moms favorite right?" the curly haired man asks. "Second favorite. Her all time favorite was a christmas carol" Kurt corrects with a soft smile. He loves that Blaine remembers.

"Okay. Then we watch that one" the older says. "Blaine you don't have-" Kurt starts but Blaine doesn't let him finish "I want to Kurt. Your mom was important to you and she loved christmas so let's honor her". "You're the best. Thank you" Kurt says with a wide smile and his eyes tearing up.

Immediatly Blaine hugs him and holds him tightly "Of course. For you always. Now please let there be no tears because else I might start crying too". "No promises" Kurt answers but he laughs and leans back just enough to kiss his boyfriend and letting his boyfriend kiss back. Then both sit back and Kurt starts the movie.

Only a few tears escape Kurts eyes that evening and they had a wonderful time. Around midnight they go to bed but stay awake a little longer and talk about everything and nothing, cuddling and eventually falling asleep.

>>><<<

Blaine wakes up in the middle of the night and Kurt with him. "Are you okay?" Kurt asks. Blaine's breathing heavily but answers "I'm fine. Bad dream". "Do you want to talk?" the younger man offers but shakes his head "Let's just go back to sleep again". He sounds a little cold but it's the middle of the night and Kurt is somewhere between awake and sleep drunken. That's why both men just lay down again and Kurt falls back asleep within seconds while Blaine stays awake longer, lost in his thoughts, in the past, in his memory.

The next morning Kurt wakes up before Blaine and decides to stand up and prepare breakfast for them both. Coffee and a table full with everything you can wish for for breakfast. Or maybe that looks too much like a christmas mornign breakfast? Too festive and too much holidays? No it looks like a lovely breakfast. It's not too much.

Blaine looks grumpy when he comes to the kitchen. He takes a coffee and mumbles good morning before he goes back to the bedroom. He picks out some fresh clothes and brings the empty mug back to the kitchen before vanishing in the bathroom.

Kurt looks after him confused and slightly hurt. Then everything comes together in his head. Blaine doesn't like christmas for a reason. Blaine had a bad dream. Now he's in a bad mood. They definitly need to talk when Blaine comes out of the bathroom again.

"Do you want to eat something to eat" Kurt asks from the kitchen but the man answers "Not hungry". Oay not the best way to start this conversation. He hears how Blaine sits down on the couch and then it's silent. No tv, no music no nothing. He just sits there. Is he on the phone? Or maybe wearing headphones?

Krt lets it slide for now. He prepares some sandwiches just in case and keeps the coffee warm. Then he cleans the rest of the kitchen and puts everything else away. Maybe he simply needs to give Blaine some space so he stays in the kitchen and does the dishes, some plates, glasses and mugs.

There's a knock on the door frame to the open kitchen but having his hands wet and in the sink and with a plate in his hand Kurt doesn't turn around. It can't be anyone else than Blaine. Was it the right decision to give him space?

A moment later two arms wrap around him and he smells coffee and hair gel when Blaine hugs him from behind. "Sorry for being an ass" he mumbles and Kurt asks back "Do you want to talk about it?". "Not really. I just had a dream. About christmas with my family and my dad being more drunk than ever and I was just so angry so I didn't wanted to talk at night. But I could've said it in a nicer way. I didn't want to wake you up in first place" Blaine apologizes.