Chapter 1.10 - Asylum

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel on my hair and my pajamas on. Sam was on the phone.

"No, Dad was in California last we heard from him. We just thought...he comes to you for 'munitions...maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks. Just, call us if you hear anything." Sam said.

"Kay." the person on the phone said.

"Thanks." Sam said.

"You bet." he said again.

"Caleb hasn't heard from him?" Dean asked.

"Nope, Neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal, any leads in there?" Sam asked.

"No, same as last time I looked. Nothing I can make out... I love the guy, but I swear, he writes like friggin' Yoda." Dean said.

"You know, maybe we should call the Feds. File a missing person's." Sam said.

"Not a bad idea." I said as I sat on my bed.

"We've talked about this. Dad'd be pissed if we put the Feds on his tail." Dean said.

"I don't care anymore." Sam said. Dean's phone rang. Dean crossed the room.

"After all that happened back in Kansas, I mean...he should've been there, Dean. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and...nothing." Sam said.

"I know!" Dean yelled. He rummaged through his duffel.

"Where the hell is my cell phone?" Dean asked.

"You know, he could be dead for all we know." Sam said.

"Don't say that! He's not dead! He's – he's..." Dean said.

"He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?" Sam asked. Dean found and flicked open the cellphone.

"Huh. I don't believe it." Dean said.

"What?" I asked.

"It's, uh...It's a text message. It's coordinates." Dean said. We went and put them on his laptop.

"You think Dad was texting us?" Sam asked.

"He's given us coordinates before." Dean said.

"The man can barely work a toaster, Dean." I said.

"Ali, it's good news! It means he's okay, or alive at least." Dean said.

"Well, was there a number on the caller ID?" Sam asked.

"Nah, it said unknown." Dean said.

"Well, where do the coordinates point?" I asked.

"That's the interesting part. Rockford, Illinois." Dean said.

"Ok, and that's interesting how?" Sam asked.

"I checked the local Rockford paper. Take a look at this. This cop, Walter Kelly, comes home from his shift, shoots his wife, then puts the gun in his mouth, blows his brains out. And earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at the Roosevelt Asylum." Dean said.

"Okay, I'm not following. What does this have to do with us?" Sam asked.

"Your dad earmarked the same asylum in the journal. Let's see..." I said as I flipped through it. "Here. Seven unconfirmed sightings, two deaths – till last week at least. I think this is where he wants us to go." I said. Sam snorted and I gave him a confused look.

"This is a job... Dad wants us to work a job." Sam said.

"Well, maybe we'll meet up with him? Maybe he's there?" Dean offered.