Chapter 1.17 - Hell House

The Impala cruised past a sign: Big Texas Towing and Salvage yard. Dean was driving. He looked over and saw Sam sleeping with his mouth open. He felt around the car, then gently placed a plastic spoon in Sam's mouth. Grinning, he flipped open his phone and took a photo.

"You are seriously mean." I said.

"Shh." Dean said, then turned the music up loud.

"Fire...of unknown origins...took my baby away!" Dean sang. Sam jerked up, realized something was in his mouth, panicked and waved his arms as he spit it out. Dean air drummed along to the song on the steering wheel then looked over, grinning as Sam wiped his mouth and turned down the music.

"Ha ha, very funny." Sam said and looked at the both of us. I raised my hands in the air.

"heh heh heh. Sorry, not a lot of scenery here in East Texas, kinda gotta make your own." Dean said.

"Man, we're not kids anymore. We're not going to start that crap up again." Sam said.

"Start what up?" Dean asked.

"That prank stuff. It's stupid, and it always escalates." Sam said.

"What's the matter Sammy, scared you're going to get a little Nair in your shampoo again huh?" Dean asked.

"All right, just remember you started it." Sam said.

"Ah ha, bring it on baldy." Dean said.

"I am not involved in this." I said.

"Everyones fair game sweetheart." Dean said.

"You asked for it." I said with a smile.

"Oh jesus. Do you not remember her pranks Dean?" Sam asked.

"Yep, and I want to see what I can do to get back at her." Dean said.

"I'm right here stupid." I said.

"Where are we anyway?" Sam asked.

"A few hours outside of Richardson. Gimme the low down again?" Dean said.

"All right, about a month or two ago this group of kids goes poking around in this local haunted house." Sam said.

"Haunted by what?" I asked.

"Apparently, a misogynistic spirit. Legend goes, it takes girls and strings them up in the rafters." Sam said.

"Oh great." I said.

"Anyway this group of kids see this dead girl hanging in the cellar." Sam said.

"Anybody ID the corpse?" Dean asked.

"Well, that's the thing. By the time the cops got there the body was gone. So cops are saying the kids were just yanking chains." Sam said.

"Maybe the cops are right?" Dean said.

"Maybe, but I read a couple of the kids first hand accounts. They seemed pretty sincere." Sam said.

"Where did you read these accounts?" I asked.

"Well, I knew we were going to be passing through Texas. So last night, I surfed some local paranormal websites. And I found one." Sam said, a little embarrassed.

"And what's it called?" Dean asked.

"Hell hounds lair.com" Sam said. I let out a small laugh.

"Let me guess, streaming live out of Mom's basement." Dean said.

"Yeah, probably." Sam said, grinning.

"Yeah. Most of those websites wouldn't know a ghost if it bit 'em in the persqueeter." I said.