Assassins- Located Under 'A' in the Phonebook

Three Years and Six Months Earlier: Selena crept into Zsasz's apartment. She only knew where it was because she had stumbled upon it on accident during one of her most recent thefts from someone else in the same building. She nearly got her brains blown out, but luckily she was agile enough to escape. But this time, she had money with her in a plain black briefcase. 

A light flicked on when she closed the window, and she heard the familiar sound of a gun being loaded

A light flicked on when she closed the window, and she heard the familiar sound of a gun being loaded. She turned around and held her hands up.

Zsasz frowned. "You again? What are you doing here?"

Selina said nothing, she just raised an eyebrow

Zsasz gestured toward the briefcase. "What's that?"

"Oh come on, you know what it is," Selina scoffed, lowering her hands and cautiously approaching the assassin, knowing he wouldn't hesitate to shoot her.

Zsasz lowered his gun slightly and narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "And why would YOU want to pay for my services? You're just a-"

"Petty thief, yeah, I know," Selina huffed. "But it's not for me. This isn't even my money. It's Jonathan Crane's."

This piqued Zsasz's interest, as he uncocked his gun and set it back in its holster. "Crane, huh? Why would he need me?"

"He's having a wedding today, and his fiancee has a crazy stalker ex who she thinks is going to crash the wedding," Selina explained. "Keep in mind, this guy killed our parents."

"OUR parents, hm? She's your sister?" Zsasz deduced.

Selina cursed. She didn't mean to reveal that. She was very careful not to reveal any personal information to assassins if she could. "Yeah, but it's whatever. Can you do the job or not?" She set the briefcase down on the coffee table and slid it over to him.

Zsasz opened it and did a quick count of the money. "I'm not normally one to question clients if the money is all here, but... why me? I mean, there are dozens of assassins in Gotham, hell, you can find them in the phonebook under 'A'. So why choose one of the most proficient, respected, and expensive ones?"