||CHAPTER 14 - Saturn Devouring His Son||

|| CHAPTER 14 – Saturn Devouring His Son ||

(Season 2 Ep 5 – 'Tern Haven')

---

(A/N – This is the first episode where I did some altering of events / cutting down of scenes, not only to fit Elizabeth in as smoothly as possible, but also because I needed this all to feed into what I'm doing with the next chapter. In the grand scheme of things, there isn't really any canon-divergence, but the second half of this chapter is quite different from the episode. I hope it'll make sense as to why soon!)

---

Elizabeth had no doubt that if Logan had known about the enlightening conversation she'd recently had with her father, that he would have endeavoured to keep her as far away from the Pierces as possible. Because now that she knew he couldn't—and never had been able to—hurt her dad with the knowledge of her true parentage, she had very little fear about working against his interests. Especially in their current situation, where she knew that Shiv was also ardently opposed to the acquisition.

But, as he wasn't aware, Elizabeth had been called to his apartment along with the rest of the family ahead of their trip to Tern Haven. They were to be briefed on how to behave and what was expected of them during the visit, to ensure that they secured the deal. And that would be no easy task.

But for Elizabeth, who suspected Logan wanted to use her to soften up the family, she would barely have to try to sour the deal. He didn't know it yet, but Naomi was returning from Marin to be there for the Roy's visit, and the two of them had formed a kinship through their similar stories of being harassed by journalists when they were young. If anything, Naomi despised Waystar with an intensity that outmatched even Elizabeth's.

As for the Pierces as a whole, she didn't see how spending time with Roy's could result in anything but turning them against the deal. They liked the money that Logan was offering, but they were focused on maintaining their moral character. And Nan was no fool, she would watch the Roy patriarch and his dynamic with his family and that alone would cultivate her seeds of discontent. The trepidation at the thought of being bought by Waystar, would burst into vibrant blooms of abject horror.

Elizabeth doubted she'd even need to do anything. She could just stand back and watch the deal fall through.

Never had she sat with such ease in a room full of Roy's than she did at that moment. She was seated in-between Tabitha and Tom, on one of the reception room's couches, Marcia and Connor directly opposite. Shiv was standing behind them, leaning on the fireplace, while Roman—returned from his weeks away at the management training programme—was milling about in front of them, as indecisive as ever on where to settle himself.

Not that he had a chance to decide before Logan marched through the doorway, a dark cloud dressed in all black, with Kendall, Frank and Gerri hot on his heels. A tight unit.