Propose A Toast

Jon takes me back to my place so that I can get changed. I decide on a pair of black jeans and a fancy top with some wedged boots. I'm not one for getting really dressed up unless it's absolutely necessary. Then when I'm ready, we go to his place so he can change into something more suitable. I bite my lip when he comes down the stairs all smartened up. "Like what you see, baby?" I blush at his cockiness. "You do scrub up well, Jon. But don't be too cocky now." He chuckles at me reprimanding him. It's all in good fun. "Let's go then." I sigh. Excited about seeing Katie again but Jordan, perhaps not so much although he is becoming more bearable. We walk to his truck. "Hang on, are you drinking tonight?" I watch as he reaches for his phone.

We arrive at the restaurant

We arrive at the restaurant. I stand Bt Jon's side as he speaks to the restaurant's host. We're told that the other guests haven't arrived yet but we are more than welcome to sit down at our table. They take our drink order and so we watch the main doors for sight of our companions. "They're here." Jon stands up, telling me he's going to help Jordan get into the restaurant as it looks like he's struggling. The hostess is nowhere to be seen. The doors were a little narrow so Katie is unable to get through just the one so Jon is trying to unlock the other one. A waitress brings mine and Jon's drinks, but I stop her. "Excuse me, please can someone help my friend get into the building as my boyfriend is unable to do the doors?" I point and she glances that way. "Oh okay, I'll go and shout for help. Thank you for letting us know." She smiles and disappears towards the doors. Eventually they were able to get in. I stood up to hug Katie, "hey you." I greet her. "Ouch!" Is the first thing she says. I look at her and she's rubbing her knees. "You okay, baby?" Jordan asks her. "I banged my knees under the table." Then I watch as he goes to push her under it again but just like a minute earlier, she hangs her knees. "For god's sake." I hear Jordan mutter. "I really can't get under the table and I can't reach the table from this far unless someone wanted to suddenly give me Inspector Gadget arms,." I can tell she's trying to see the funny side but is failing. "Maybe we should move to another table instead? It's no problem to move." I suggest. Jon goes to find the hostess. "When I booked this place, I asked them about wheelchair access and stuff but so far, it's crap. Now I've hurt her knees. Grr." Jordan lets out, frustratingly. I go to rub his arm. "It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself." He nods and shows a tight lipped smile on his face. The hostess is now with us alongside Jon. "I'm sorry about this. We have those booths in the corners, if you would like to try them?" She apologises. Katie follows where the pointing is and she agrees to try. "I can sit in the booth but is there somewhere nearby where I can place my wheelchair, safely?"

 "I can sit in the booth but is there somewhere nearby where I can place my wheelchair, safely?"

Me and Jon follow her, Jordan and Katie. Jordan goes to help Katie climb into the booth and then follows the hostess. Me and Jon sit opposite the other two. Katie has her face hiding behind her hands. I'm unsure what to say to her but thankfully Jordan is heading back to us all. The waitress from earlier comes back to take their drink order. Me and Jon take a look at the menu. "What are you thinking of ordering?" I ask him. "Something vegetarian, you?" I mumble as I try to decide. The movement of Jordan as he leans into Katie, shielding her from everyone else as he talks. I can't quite understand what is being said and I find myself distracted by Jon's hand gentle squeeze of my knee. "Stop fretting babe, she'll be fine." Jon whispers in to my ear. I'm in awe of how he can sense my worrying without me even saying anything. I lean up to pull him down so that I kiss him. He's a little surprised at first as I'm usually too shy but I felt he deserved the sweet gesture for being so wonderful to me.
We happy talk about lighthearted topics as we enjoy our meals. The restaurant is definitely far more fancy than I'm used to but it is nice for a change. When we finish the food, we let the hostess lead us into the private bar room. Again, Katie has to get out of her wheelchair and for that to be put somewhere safe. Jordan went to put it behind our booth but the staff had complained so he had to move it to somewhere else. Both he and Katie are not happy as it's a very expensive chair that's made specifically for her and they worry about it getting damaged. "Try not to worry too much guys, I'm sure the staff will keep an eye on it." Jon tries to reassure them both. "I've had a wheelchair get damaged before by having to have it out of my sight and it meant that I couldn't go anywhere for at least a week or so before the maintenance team came to repair it. That's what is worrying me. Jordan is just annoyed on my behalf, which is really sweet but I don't want to spoil our evening together any more than I have so far." I watch as Jordan gently caresses her shoulder. "You're not spoiling anything darling." He reassures her. "He's right, K. We're all having a great time so far, aren't we, Jon?" I reaffirm to her. She smiles, and I can see the tension release from her hunched shoulders. "They're both right Katie. Let's toast to something?" Jon holds his drink out to clink with the rest of us. I'm not sure what to toast to. Jon cuts in before I'm about to ask. "We have some news?" He takes hold of my hand and kisses the back of it. "This one here is now my girlfriend. So I'd like to propose a toast to an exciting future."

I blush and smile bashfully

I blush and smile bashfully. I hear both Jordan and Katie cooing at us.
"So now that you're his girlfriend, does that mean you're gonna join him, us on the upcoming tour?" Jordan asks me. They're going on tour? Jon hasn't said anything to me about it. Will he want or expect me to come along? My mind is rushing at a hundred miles per hour with thought after thought. Jon chuckles. "Cheers bro, you've just scared the living days out of her! Ha that's what my conversation was going to be tomorrow when it was just the two of us. But at least you know now though." He smiles a nervous smile towards me. "I'll need to know more about it and then I'll decide. What about you, K, what are you doing?" I throw the question to Katie, curious to see what she's thinking and planning. "Like you, I'll need to know more. I'd have to sort out different things but I would love to support Jordan and the guys." She beams with excitement.

I can't argue there, I want to support Jon too

I can't argue there, I want to support Jon too. Maybe if Katie can do it, then I can as well and she has a lot more to worry about than I do. I'm glad Jordan mentioned about it as I do wonder whether Jon would have actually talked about it tomorrow or not, I'd like to think he would.