Chapter 2 : The Letters

POV FARLEY

"Farley!", Cameron shouts my name when she bursts open my office door. "You know there's this new thing. It's called knocking", I talk back in my general voice.

"Cal sent a letter to the premier. And the premier wants to read the letter to everyone who was involved with the war 6 years ago", Cameron says. So we better get going to the bloody office now . Please?".

I nod and follow her to the office where everyone is waiting. Ada is now our head of technicians while Cameron is our hacker. Tyton , Rafe and Ella are our best newblood trainers. Shade became our captain for the scarlet guard. After the war , Mare went missing and we decided not to tell anyone. Not even the king. Shade still looks for ways to find her though.

"Ah general Farley and miss Cole", Davidson calls both our names and gestures us to sit on the two empty chairs.

He begins.

POV DAVIDSON

I begin reading the letter.

Dear Premier Davidson,

My brother and myself were attacked during our return home. We were attacked by the kingdom of Irinia. My fathers rival kingdom. Both Norta and Irinia too have been at war and battles but after a few years of ignoring them. We have lived in peace but why they chose to attack now? I do not know . I request for the attendance of you , general farley , Mare barrow, Miss Cole and the rest of newbloods who was involved with our victory 6 years ago.

Yours sincerely,
King Tiberius Calore the seventh ,
The flame of the north.

I put down the letter and look to general farley. "This is the reason i called for this meeting , general. We need to find Mare Barrow or we will face the king himself."

"Its impossible to find her sir. We dont have any information about Mare's whereabouts ", Farley argues back.

"What if we just bring Tauriel as a temporary replacement at the meeting while we find Mare?" Ada suggests.

"Yes ,that could work. But what will the king say?" I say not fully happy with what the king might say." We'll just say she went to visit with her family but she never came back or was in touch", Rafe says.

"Fine then ".

"Get packing everyone, we leave at 0800", I said. They get up to exit the room.

POV CAL

We arrived two days ago and I had asked the meeting to be held the very next day . Since Maven and I has nothing else to do we decided to play our favourite board game , chess.

For the last 2 hours Maven had won 4 times already while I've been losing and winning at least 2 times. Its feels just like old times when every night Maven would sneak into my room just to play this with me. I taught him how to play and alas the student has outsmarted the master.

POV EVANGELINE

"Evie" Tolly calls me.

"What?" I ask. I was just about to go train when a servant said Tolly was looking me.

"Looks like we're going back to Norta soon", He says. "What makes you say that?"

"Your ex-betrothed sent a letter stating that he was attacked by Irinia and demands for a meeting tomorrow".

"What?" I say confusingly.

He hands me an envelope with a paper inside. Outside the envelope written in black ink was Ptolemus full name.

Dear King Ptolemus Samos

My brother and myself were attacked during our return home. We were attacked by the kingdom of Irinia. My fathers rival kingdom. Both Norta and Irinia too have been at war and battles but after a few years of ignoring them. We have lived in peace but why they chose to attack . I do not know . I request for the attendance of you and your sister Evangeline Samos at the meeting I have requested from monfort, the scarlet guard and your kingdom the rift. If you wish to bring anyone else it is up to you then.

Yours sincerely,
King Tiberius Calore the seventh ,
The flame of the north.

"What time are we leaving? And are you bringing anyone else?" I surrender to Ptolemus. For the last six years I have been dreading this day . Ugh.

"6.00 o'clock", he answers. "Sharp", he adds. Like I would wake up late. Ive always been one to wake up early but sometimes on the weekend I sleep in. How I've changed since the war.

POV TAURIEL

"You called for me general?" I knock on the door of General Farley .

"Come in", farley invites me in. "Tauriel, the premier has ordered me to bring you along as Mare Barrow's temporary replacement when we visit the king in norta tomorrow at 6.00".

"Of course general", i answer. " I shall retreat to my quarters and get ready for the meeting".

She gives me the signal to get out. Everyone thinks she's a coldhearted woman. But I know that if someone is coldhearted it means they went through some tough times.

Thank you
Urmomlbozololhaha for reading my stories and commenting them. You have given me confidence to keep writing them. Hopefully you feel the same as me.
Those who thinks my stories are great. Let me share with you a secret and a quote i made by myself.

"Always believe in the impossible and keep imagining to distract you from the negativity in your life"
-nyxnemesiz