Chapter 17

When I head to the RV to stash my clothes and check myself over Daryl comes with me as well as 3 soldiers who wait outside.

"I'm okay I think, just sore as all hell. I can't seem to catch a break with getting hurt." I say before sitting down on the bed, Daryl joins me.

"Are you sure you're okay baby?" He asks as I lean into him.

"Yeah darlin I'm just still so shocked that people are that stupid to try shit like that." I sigh from irritation then climb onto his lap and hug him, he wraps his arms around me gently and I begin to softly cry.

"I'm never gonna let you out of my sight again because the next man who even touches you isn't gonna live next time." Daryl says in a hushed tone.

"Shane got lucky, this dude got lucky but the next one I swear will not be." He continues but a knock on the RV door interrupts him so I climb off of him and stand up and Daryl does as well then he wipes my tears away.

I head to the door and open it to find the three soldiers who followed us standing there.

"Not again." I say pissed off

"No no we're not like O'Hara I swear we're normal people, he was fucked up before the world ended." The lady soldier said as she moved aside to let us out.

"Oh, okay good. What's your names>" I ask.

"I'm Private Talia Rayne, this is Private Angel Hendrix, and this is Private Sam Cage." She says and they nod as they were introduced.

"Well it's nice to meet you all, should I call you by your first or last names? I ask.

"Last names will do just fine." Private Rayne says and I nod.

"You don't talk much do you Hendrix?" He blushes when I ask that.

"My boy here has had a crush on you for about six months now." Cage says with a laugh and a slap on Hendrix's back when he sees his face.

"Knock it off Cage, leave him alone." Rayne says.

"Y'all white people get embarrassed so easily." Cage says laughing.

"Well Latinos get just as embarrassed, don't they Cage?" she says with a flirty grin and I can't help but laugh at that. Daryl tells me he's gonna go talk to my uncle as Rayne, Cage, Hendrix and I walk around and do a perimeter check to make sure my altercation with O'Hara didn't draw in any walkers. Rayne and Cage are a few feet ahead of me and Hendrix and it's clear he's nervous so I try to lighten the mood.

"So Hendrix..." I start to say

"You can call me Angel Ma'am." He says while blushing.

"Alright, Angel, where are you from?" I ask.

"Miami, I got stationed here about 9 months ago." He says and visibly eases up a bit.

"That's a nice place, I went there once for a Type O Negative concert a few years ago." I say and that sparked interest in his eyes.

"That's one thing I've missed the most, music. I miss jamming out to music and just relaxing." He sighs.

"Same, I wish I could listen to my favorite bands right now. How old are you Angel?" I ask

"24, what about you?" he asks.

"I'm 24 as well, my birthday is in December." I say and he smiles.

"Mine too." He says and before i can say anything else Isaac's scream causes me to run off immeditly towards the direction it came from just to find out it was just Isaac and Damien playing a game and I breathe a sigh of relief. Once Rayne, Cage, and Hendrix finish patrolling the fence they join us.

"Okay down to business. One, you obviously came here in hopes of restocking your supplies, consider it done. Two, What's your plan now? What are you gonna do? By that I mean are you gonna stay or head off to some where else?" Uncle Sean says while slowly pacing back and forth.

We all look at one another.