Chapter 6

Some time later after Isaac fell asleep I started getting tired as well and being snuggled up to Daryl and his warmness was making it worse.

I feel myself drifting in and out of sleep but hearing my name snaps my eyes open.

"Laicey why dont you go get some sleep." Uncle Jim says to me and I shake my head.

"Not till the sun comes up." I say as my eyes start to close again as I fail at fighting it.

"How about we put Isaac to bed then." Daryl says as he helps me stand up and takes Isaac so I don't drop him.

"Goodnight everyone." I say as we make our way to the RV.

"Goodnight Laicey, sleep well. Don't worry we'll be on watch." Dale says.

Once inside the RV I lay Isaac down on one of the bed then go sit on the other next to Daryl and cuddle up to him and the next thing I know I fall asleep. Some time through out the night Isaac crawled in bed with me and Daryl moved over to the other one.

In the morning when I wake up and notice Isaac is still sleeping I quietly get out of bed and notice Daryls not in the other bed. I walk outside and everyones moving the zombies to ine area so I go help them. An hour later Isaac starts to scream and I run to the RV and find him curled up in a ball.

"Isaac! I'm here, it's alright I'm here. Nothing will get you when you're with me. Remember Aunt Laicey will never let anything hurt you." I say to him as I hug him trying to calm him down.

Darly walks in and hands me a bottle of water for Isaac.

"I had a bad dream Aunt Laicey and it scared me." He says hugging me tighter.

"It's okay buddy, I have those too but I try not to let them bother me. If you do that you'll be just like me, tough and strong." I say while smiling and he smiles back.

"I wanna be just like you Aunt Laicey." He says as he crawls back into bed and I cover him up.

"You sleep now and later we'll go for a walk with the other ladies down to the quarry." I tell him and he smiles again.

"Will Daryl come too?" He asks.

"Oh uh.. I don't.." I start to say but Daryl cuts in.

"Of course little dude, I'll  be there with you and your Aunt Laicey." Daryl says with a smile and I can't help but smile at him.

We walk outside once Isaac has fallen back to sleep.

"You're good with him." He says and I smile.

"Thank you, I always wanted to have kids. Once my sister had him my world was complete, I can't imagine my life without him. What about you Daryl, did you want to have kids?" I ask him.

"Yeah but I never met the right woman yet." He says.

"How old are you Daryl?" I ask.

"26, what about you?" He replies.

"24, my birthday was last month." I say as we go for a short walk.