Chapter 9

Once inside I go straight to the bathroom and shut the door but not before I start cursing up a storm.

"That no good piece of shit! What a complete asshole!" I say angrily to myself as I look in the mirror at my bottom lip which was now split open.

A knock on the door startles me.

"Laicey it's Amy, can I come in?" She asks timidly.

I open the door and she gasps.

"Oh my god he split your lip!!" She says quietly but sounding so mad as she glares out the window at Shane as he stands up and stumbles then proceeds to wipe the blood off my face.

So many angry voices from outside begin as Rick and Daryl verbally rip Shane a new one.

"I hope he gets a major migraine soon. I should go back out there and fuck him up." I say to Amy as I turn toward the door.

"Laicey wait! Don't do that, just... just stay in here and calm down a bit. I'm gonna go out there and see what's happening." She says handing me the towel before leaving.

I follow her out of the bathroom and go sit at the table. Daryl walks in and sees my lip busted open, his face goes a deep red.

"That son of a bitch, I should kill him for doing that to you." He says as he sits down next to me pulling me gently into a hug so I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Let's talk about something else. I promised Amy I would calm down." I say with a heavy sigh.

"Why should you have to calm down? You have every right to be upset right now." He says tensing up a little, getting angrier. I nod.

"I know... but she's right. I want to go out there and fuck his world up but I don't want Isaac to see that." I say as I wrap my arms around him. He kisses my forehead as we sit like that for a good 45 minutes.