Chapter 2

~~Present day~~

My apartment building- 1:30pm Wednesday.

The Zombie Apocalypse has actually happened and I'm in an overrun city looking for my nephew that I got seperated from a few days ago. I go outside on to the roof of my apartment building because there's hardly any walkers up here. I do some stretches and yoga then practice my martial arts for a while then I run and jump to the next roof.

"Alright I got my pistols and extra clips that I took from that bag of guns I found the other day plus three pipe bombs Greg made before those bastards got Him. I need to hurry." I say to myself as I jump to the next roof top.

"Son of a bitch." I say as a dozen walkers spill out onto the roof from an open door so I squeeze of a few shots then continue to jump to the next roof as I notice the next building has a busted out window.

"Probably a waste of time but I gotta check to see if Isaac's in there." I say to myself as I prepare to jump, I land perfectly on the fire escape stairs only to be scared to death seconds later when I see people inside the room. I stumble backwards as a hand grabs the front of my shirt and pulls me towards the window, that's when my brain finally realized these people are alive.

"Thanks that would have really sucked." I say to the one with the crossbow He nods then a cop He's with comes over.

"You're the first person Daryl's saved and I'm surprised. Names Rick, that guy over there is Glen and this is T-Dog." I nod.

"My names Laicey nice to meet all of you." I start to walk up the stairs when Rick grabs my arm. I let out a heavy sigh and slowly turn my head to look at Him.

"Look I'm grateful Daryl saved me but I've got things to do." I look down at my arm where He has ahold of me and He lets go.

"Come rest for a minute we watched you jump across those buildings and you look tired." He's right but I seriously don't have time for this. I sigh as I crawl through the window when my shirt catches on a jagged piece of glass ripping it completely down the side.

"Damnit! This was my only good shirt." I snap and notice T-Dog has a smirk on His face.

"Either you wipe that smirk off your face or I'll do it for you." I say as I go sit in this chair across from the window.

"What are y'all doing here anyway?" I ask enjoying the break as well as the company.

"We came back to get Daryl's brother. He gone now... We kinda handcuffed Him to the roof and He sawed off His hand." Rick says looking ashamed of Himself.

"So that would be the man I heard screaming and yelling the other day. No shit He's gone He was up there for two days." I say to them as I fixed my shirt.

"And you didn't bother to help Him!?" Daryl snaps at me.

"Exactly what the fuck was I supposed to do huh call a locksmith and have them get your brother free and off the roof? I'm not the asshole who handcuffed Him and left Him for dead. Don't get pissed off at me for that. I'm busy looking for my nephew so forgive me!" I say while crawling back out the window.

"Laicey I'm sorry I'm... It's just frustrating." Daryl says with a sigh.